Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My 01 7.3 SuperCab's passenger rear door won't open. The bottom latch releases, but how do I get the top to release? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dead Blow hammer? Crow bar?
You might have to take the door apart and pull the release down manually

·
Administrator
8,468 Posts
the clip that holds the release cable broke. you are going to have to remove the inner door panel and manually pop the upper latch. then remove the release assembly and replace the clip.
it is a job pretty much better suited for a body shop person than a do it yourselfer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just did it on my truck. Had to remove the upper trim piece, then remove the bracket/latch assembly up top. The door will then open with the handle. The latch cable has nylon ( of course ) cable ends that break over time, and a new cable is needed. I was lucky, I just got the one off of my scrapper, and used it. That entails removing both inner door panels, the speaker, removing the cable clip from the center latch assembly, and pulling the bracket/cable out of the top of the door. Then, just slide the new assembly into the top, get a long wire with a hook on it to reach in and grab the cable, then re-attach it to the lever. Piece of cake, 1/2 hour for the whole job. Good luck.

·
Administrator
8,468 Posts
you can also buy repair kits for under $10 from amazon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts