Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to install a 4" lift on my 2002 F550 4x4. I've done a few other trucks and used everthing from stock wheels to 19.5 wheels and tires to shaved 22.5 Alcoas and low pro tires. I'm looking to do something different and have a chance to buy a set of 22.5 Alcoa Super Singles at a great price. Just can't seem to visualize how it would look. Has anybody on here done it. Any pictures would be great. :confused:

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
i was looking at the same you can find a few examples online

and the tires u need to run are pretty big they also stick out pretty far and then u need 10 lug adapters to boot

you may even want a dually fender

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a F550 so it has the dually fenders already. I have the adapters on order because I was planning on doing regular 22.5 wheels anyway but came across these Super Singles or Floats as some call them and wondered how they would look. I just googled it and did find a couple pictures. I like it. Any other opinions out there?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
well since your running a 550 it's a different ball game then what i was looking at doing

mines a SRW and I want the wider stance for stability ( slide in camper) and the load capacity of the Alcoa 10 lug rims
since you can't get a regular single over about 3900 as far as I have seen even American Force super single doesn't seem to be a really high capacity

·
Registered
254 Posts
Diesel Power had a cover truck and article a few years back on a F550 with Super Singles. Was red and black. I'll try and find it. Looked good, still had the dually fenders on it.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
not only are they not "super nice looking"

there plain fugly LOL

wish someone would come out with rims rated at over 4k per

and American Force brags how strong their are but they don't advertise the rating and when i do see it mentioned it's nothing much more than the normal cast rim 3200

1 - 11 of 11 Posts