Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do I contact for this? What are everyone's opinion on this tune compared to matts srl ?

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Unfortunately I cant compare it to Matts SRL tune, eventhough I want to try the SRL+ next. If you are new to custom tunes, then I would say it is probably the best one to start with. It is just as powerful as any other tune out there. I mean lets face it, we can only push our trucks to about 400 RWHP unless we have injectors and turbo so with all these tunes being within 5-10 Hp of each other, I would look for which one runs the best on your truck with your driving style. For me the Super Panty Dropper is a very powerful tune that has very smooth application of power with GREAT shifting characteristics that are both smooth and firm. As far as temps go, my EGTs are 650*F while running 70mph. I havent done any WOT runs from a stop but have done a couple from rolling and it is a great tune that doesnt use excessive timing and definitely drops your pants when it throws you back in the seat.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iive ran matts tunes and also vivians tunes. Just looking for something a little different. So far matts has been my favorite and I'm really wanting to run the super panty dropper

·
1,549 Posts
The TSD Super Panty Dropper was my first custom tune and I was going to start with Matt's SRL+. I will probably try his out in a month or so. I dont really know what I would be looking for improvement wise though other than maybe more power or better fuel economy. The SPD tune is just a great tune IMO and I am definitely satisfied with it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of mileage are u seeing. I'm only getting 14 with matts

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I might have to try this super panty dropper tune just cause the name is awesome!!! With a name like that its gotta be awesome!

·
1,549 Posts
What kind of mileage are u seeing. I'm only getting 14 with matts
I'm seeing about the same mileage as when I had my PPE tuner with a "100Hp" tune on my truck. I get about 16-16.5mpg with mixed driving. About 70% hwy and 30% city and with speeds as high as 75mph. I'm still on my first tank since the tune but have put a couple hundred miles with it on this tank and I can not tell that I am burning fuel any faster than before and my mpg gauge on the dash hasnt really dropped and I get about the same boost levels while cruising down the hwy so these are why i say that my mileage is about the same. I hand calculate all my mileage and that is what my truck has gotten over the last 12000 miles. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
if you want fuel mileage increase look at PHP tuning

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I can help you out with the Panty Dropper tune. best way to get it ordered is call the shop during business hours and we typically get them out the same day. we can also take payment over the phone. 210 654 6767

As for mileage, ive been getting reports mileage is going up w/ the super panty dropper if driven like a sane person, but who does that? This is in comparison to the mild and regular panty dropper tunes, as well as stock. Driving habits have more to do with mileage than anything else imo.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will call in the morning!

·
Registered
922 Posts
call chris!!! great guy and great tunes!!! and i can drive like a sane person chris haha unless of course i have a new tune and then im playin with it for 2 weeks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
hahahahahaha yea i guess you could call it that! much cheaper honey mood period also!

·
Registered
963 Posts
What are you guys talking about?

·
Registered
922 Posts
its just humor thats all

1 - 20 of 20 Posts