Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would post this in my SD spring conversion thread I started last year, but it seems to be locked, so I guess I'll post this in a new thread.

My truck is a crew cab short bed F250, which I had already converted the front to F350 suspension and D60. I got a full set of springs off a '04 F350 Single Rear wheel 4x4 truck. SO installed the rear springs, blocks, and overloads in to my truck.

I actually had all the SD bolts, however I didn't want to buy odd size drill bits that I never would use again, so I bought a 3/4 in bit and new 3/4 in bolts.

I drilled out both ends of my springs for 3/4 in bolts, and the front hanger on the truck, and the factory obs spring shackle. I also replaced the shackle pivot bolt as well, all grade 8 of course.

I got the overloads on the springs as well, but I still need to pickup up two more of the frame tabs so I haven't bolted those on yet, but I have them.

The factory F250 shocks were too short, but I had gathered up some Rancho RS9000 adj. used shocks and installed them, so far it does seem to ride better over bumps and it raised the truck just over 3in. in the rear so I guess 2in. from the blocks and ~1 or 1.25 in. from springs

While I was at it, I also swapped my F250 xlt badges for F350 xlt badges that I snagged last week at work.

I like it so much better than before, not even that it rides any different, but I hated it sagging in the rear, now its a usable truck again.....

Before:

During:

After:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I added your post to the thread in the library.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir, I was a little slow (a year and a month ;) ) from the time I original created the post....hehe

But I am very happy with the results!

·
Registered
433 Posts
looks good! how do those step bars attach in the front! i got a used pair and trying to figure how they attach in the front?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Now its time to get a D60 and RS-SD springs for the front..PM me if I can help.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good! how do those step bars attach in the front! i got a used pair and trying to figure how they attach in the front?
I'll look and see, but I think there are brackets that bolt to the body bolts

Now its time to get a D60 and RS-SD springs for the front..PM me if I can help.
D60 is already in there, just saving my pennies for RSK and SD springs.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Right on TN....Lookin good!
You will like the rsk and SD's on the front. Would also suggest the anti sway bars front and rear too off of
F350... will handle wickedly. Can source used just have to lenghten the vertical links would also suggest polyurethane bushings. On mine I went with air bags with SD's on the rear (also) had some velvet ride shackles, really like this combo. Have Rancho rx9000s the adjustability is ok but they just don't last warrenty is good though.....savin for some Bilsteins.....
jrc

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on TN....Lookin good!
You will like the rsk and SD's on the front. Would also suggest the anti sway bars front and rear too off of
F350... will handle wickedly. Can source used just have to lenghten the vertical links would also suggest polyurethane bushings. On mine I went with air bags with SD's on the rear (also) had some velvet ride shackles, really like this combo. Have Rancho rx9000s the adjustability is ok but they just don't last warrenty is good though.....savin for some Bilsteins.....
jrc
Good to hear, I really like the stance of your truck with the airbags...its actually my background right now.... I have a sway bar on the front from the D60 swap, but I would like to pick one up for the rear as well. As for the RS9000s, its what I had that would fit, once I have the SD fronts and RSK done and have my final ride height I'll save up for Bilstiens all around.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Ya the front ranchos didn't even last 10 months of pavement drivin they did warrenty them....rears are done now....the silly adjusters always seize too.....
For what I do the air bags are awesome right now Honda Rubicon ATV (600 lbs) 405 litres (800 lbs) of fuel and guessing 3 hundred pounds of other work gear bags have 30lbs of air for level ride and rides smooth handles great. Just need bilsteins and should be gtg.....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You know were to go for the correct Bilsteins:poke:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Hey Cary will for sure give you a shout when time comes have done some x border auto parts and the problem is in Canuck land here we get hosed on importation duties and handling and shipping in Canada from USA destination can add like 40% to final cost of stuff.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Drive it down over the border and get it done...or ship it to me..Just unloaded a truck from Illinois..gona swap '05 up axles and a 4 link in it:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you head to Seattle or anywhere in the US for an over night, you could easily have the shocks sent to your hotel. Let the hotel know you are having something shipped when you make a reservation and they will hold it for you.

micky

·
Registered
80 Posts
My truck is a crew cab short bed F250, which I had already converted the front to F350 suspension and D60. I got a full set of springs off a '04 F350 Single Rear wheel 4x4 truck. SO installed the rear springs, blocks, and overloads in to my truck.

I actually had all the SD bolts, however I didn't want to buy odd size drill bits that I never would use again, so I bought a 3/4 in bit and new 3/4 in bolts.

I drilled out both ends of my springs for 3/4 in bolts, and the front hanger on the truck, and the factory obs spring shackle. I also replaced the shackle pivot bolt as well, all grade 8 of course.

and it raised the truck just over 3in. in the rear so I guess 2in. from the blocks and ~1 or 1.25 in. from springs

What springs are in the front? I have been looking for someone whos has done this exact combo.

I am putting in a D60 with the stock F350 springs it came with. In the rear I have B coded SD springs. I am running 315's and I am worried that my tires might not clear or that the front will be too low compared to the lift that I will get in the rear.

I plan on using my stock F250 blocks - you used the SD F350 blocks correct?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I developed this mod 8-10 years ago..RS kit SD springs. TNScrambler used SD V and rear B codes-springs which require a RS kit to install the front. With a 3.5" F350 rear block and the 3" RS kit the truck will be level and will easyly clear 35"

What your doing the truck will set a little lower in the back compared to a stock F350 as they used a taller block, tires may clear by spacing the front bumper..all depends on the true size of the tires.

Cary

·
looking for snow eh!
77 Posts
Hey Cary will for sure give you a shout when time comes have done some x border auto parts and the problem is in Canuck land here we get hosed on importation duties and handling and shipping in Canada from USA destination can add like 40% to final cost of stuff.
i'm a hour and 30 min from creston b.c. you can pick them up at my house :ford:

·
Registered
80 Posts
What your doing the truck will set a little lower in the back compared to a stock F350 as they used a taller block, tires may clear by spacing the front bumper..all depends on the true size of the tires.

Cary
All I really want is to have the truck sitting where it is now or higher with the SD B codes W/stock F250 blocks and Stock '91 F350 D60 springs

mearsuring in the same way the OP did: Front 38" & Rear 40" W/315's

Where do you think I will be after the swap?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did the SD springs and RSK on the front of my '96 and it rides much better. I also bought a set of Bilstein shocks for the front from Cary and they ride much better than the Ranchos I took off. Except for redrilling the holes, do the SD rear springs bolt right on? Good luck, Ken.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did the SD springs and RSK on the front of my '96 and it rides much better. Except for redrilling the holes, do the SD rear springs bolt right on? Good luck, Ken.

From what I understand:

What I don't know is what size of drill bit do you use to drill out the existing shackles? I believe the larger SD bolt is 18MM and the other is 5/8 - are you able to just use an angle drill to get in there?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I used a counter sink on an extension to drill mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts