Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Newbie
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, My name is Ray and I'm VERY new to anything Diesel. My 08 F350 King Ranch is my first ever Diesel. My previous truck was an 02 Excursion V10.
I want to put lettering in the tailgate depressions. My question, opinion wise, do I go with precision cut VINYL lettering or precision cut Stainless Steel lettering.?

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
103 Posts
i like them, depends on what color your truck is. my truck is black, went with metallic, high reflective lettering on tailgate and i think black on dash.

·
Diesel Newbie
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like them, depends on what color your truck is. my truck is black, went with metallic, high reflective lettering on tailgate and i think black on dash.
Thanks for the positive response. I have a Dark Blue Pearl Metallic King Ranch F350. I was thinking either the color to match the bottom of the truck (a sort of golden tan, Pueblo Gold I believe). OR Chrome. I'm going with the Chrome on the Dash lettering to Match all of the Chrome Bezels around the Dash and Vents. I seen pictures and like the look.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Ok since you didn't ask what We thought of highlighting the ginormous :eek:SUPERDUTY stamp in the tailgate I won't say what I really think

but you did ask about what type of letters to go with

I would go with Dark Blue Pearl Metallic precision cut vinyl letters LOL

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'd leave it or go chrome. Chrome looks good on a dark truck, better if you got wheels to match. I can't stand that stupid tan Ford likes to put on the rockers. I Rhino-lined mine.

·
Registered
230 Posts
camping-truck letters 014.jpg

camping-truck letters 015.jpg

camping-truck letters 016.jpg My truck is black and this is what I did. Not sure if I like the tailgate letters all that much, but I really like the front and glove box lettering. Got it all off Amazon.

·
Diesel Newbie
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 102602

View attachment 102610

View attachment 102618 My truck is black and this is what I did. Not sure if I like the tailgate letters all that much, but I really like the front and glove box lettering. Got it all off Amazon.
I think they look great! I'm going to go with the stainless lettering for the glove box too. It will match all the chrome in the cab.

Are the 'Black' letters on the front Chrome grill 'Exactly' the same size as the tailgate??

·
Registered
230 Posts
If I recall, the tailgate letters are slightly larger than the grill letters. The letters are all vinyl and come in many different colors. Easily removable with minor residue to clean up but durable as well. Mine have been on my truck for almost 2 years now. They also give you extra letters in case you screw one up. I used Windex when I applied them so I could move them around during the application process. Hope this helps

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I think they already put "SUPER DUTY" enough places to make the owner look like the type of guy who thought he was buying a Cummins

1 - 12 of 12 Posts