Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any bad experiences with suncoast trannys? Whos the best to get one from? Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have over 40,000 miles on mine. 75-100 track passes and a lot of tune testing. No problems so far.
where u get it how much did u pay? Is it just called a "fully built tranny"? or what do u all order for internals? it seems like theres so many different things u can order now. im lost on this tranny deal and dont know where to turn. i live in wisconsin so i dont want shiping to kill me

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Matt (my boss) ordered it through Ron at SunCoast. It's fully built other than a stock intermediate shaft. The converter is a standard triple disc, not the HD converter. Stock stall. We are a dealer for SunCoast. You could order through us or you could order through any of the other dealers, like Rudy's Diesel Performance, Maryland Performance Diesel, Street Diesel Performance, etc.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now to figure out whos closer and who can get me the best deal and cheapest shiping

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wisconsin 53562. i wonder if Nadp would be somewhere close right above me

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right thats why im thinkin they would be close. and i guess they are a good tranny. idk how they compare to suncoast

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I would assume paying for the shipping of a SunCoast unit through a dealer in America would be much cheaper and you would get it much quicker. Paying the shipping for something to cross the border and dealing with the potential wait time could be horrible. I could be wrong on that though.

I know Shane (White_monster) has had to deal with some issues with getting stuff from Elite in Colorado to his residence in Canada.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm well any suncoast dealers wanna quote me a price and what the tranny would include

·
Registered
442 Posts
Suncoast wouldn't ship mine to Canada. I had it dropped at one of the depo's the courier they use has close to the border. Then had my trucking company pick up and bring it to my town. Sucks but not all that bad to do. Costs more tho.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
NADP will send transmissions to the states. I know one of the boys at Rudys got one sent down. Contact them and see what they got to say.

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Suncoast's warranty in my mind is not very good. I had a customer that had 30,000 miles on a relatively stock Full built suncoast that the torque converter failed. They basically laughed at him when looking for help.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This i know. i wasnt to impressed with how they worked on my last truck. thats why im consered

·
Registered
323 Posts
I too am more interested in this suncoast warranty deal, as I will be in the market for a tranny in the spring/summer

·
Registered
324 Posts
If not suncoast, then who else makes a good 6.4 tranny with a legit warranty?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts