Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm lookin to have my trans rebuilt and was wonderin whats everyones opinion on suncoast parts? Lookin to get their super duty rebuild kit and torque converter. Are these parts worth it? Any good/bad experiences?

And dont say BTS because i'm not driving that far, and i got a trans tech buddy of mine that will rebuild mine for cheap+parts.

So lets hear some success and distress stories.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Has this buddy of your built 5r110's or performances transmissions before?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
i built mine with suncoast parts. i had a couple problems but suncoast was really good with tech support. i say go for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has this buddy of your built 5r110's or performances transmissions before?
Yes, the shop he works at regularly rebuilds/fixes them for the local fire department on their ambulances.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i built mine with suncoast parts. i had a couple problems but suncoast was really good with tech support. i say go for it.
Probably a dumb question, but they should be able to set up the verter for exactly what i want if i call right? Right now its a stock truck, but would like a programmer down the road and tow quite a bit with it (mainly weekend towing built jeeps and such).

Not lookin for the baddest tranny on earth, but dont want it to fail on me again and would like some firmer shifts and hold power down the road.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but they should be able to set up the verter for exactly what i want if i call right? Right now its a stock truck, but would like a programmer down the road and tow quite a bit with it (mainly weekend towing built jeeps and such).

Not lookin for the baddest tranny on earth, but dont want it to fail on me again and would like some firmer shifts and hold power down the road.
are you still under warranty. i would just get another stock tranny and get a sct with innovative or elite custom tunes. my trans lasted forever when i was just running a tuner. i towed alot too. you can setup your stuff how ever you want but tuning is everything.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you still under warranty. i would just get another stock tranny and get a sct with innovative or elite custom tunes. my trans lasted forever when i was just running a tuner. i towed alot too. you can setup your stuff how ever you want but tuning is everything.
No, i'm way out of warranty, and i had the local ford dealer give me a ball park quote. They said 2500-3500 for a stock trans. screw that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just doooo it!!! :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Has anyone ever used the books these guys make to rebuild the 5R? I am thinking about trying it, but using one of these books for a guide with suncoast parts.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I went with a factory rebuild but installed a GoGo diesel direct drive shift solenoid. Unreal how good it shifts.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Awesome, Im going to go ahead and read up on so I am ready when the time comes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts