Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have a Summit Racing Transmission Oil cooler with a Mag-Hytec Transmission Oil pan and my Temperture reaches to about 180. I don't know if that's normal or what. Any help?
Thanks

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
What is the rating of the summit cooler? Where is it mounted? Were you having issues before adding it? What is the outside temperature when you were seeing 180*?

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the rating of the summit cooler? Where is it mounted? Were you having issues before adding it? What is the outside temperature when you were seeing 180*?
I'm not to sure. I will have to check the manual. My dad put it on in 02 I think when we bought our camping trailer. And last year when I turned 16 he gave the truck to me. So I don't know if it ever gave him problems before. But I will ask.
And the Tranny gave up last year in November so I got it rebuilt.(stronger gears torque converter etc) so I was seeing nothing higher than 140-150F for a while. In about April-May it started going up to 180. It stays like that until I shut it off then it will cool down. Today it was 103F outside and it got up to 180 in about 30 minutes. Then again I was stop and go.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That's actually not a bad temp for 103* Ambient temp outside.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mines the same, before the cooler it was 200+ on hot days like today

93 today and I was 160-180 within 5-10 miles.

I have a big cooler similar to summit ones I think hayden probly makes the summit ones anyway

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok
I'm thinking of getting the TruCool Transmission Oil Cooler but I haven't decided yet. I heard those are good oil coolers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ok
I'm thinking of getting the TruCool Transmission Oil Cooler but I haven't decided yet. I heard those are good oil coolers.
I have the TruCool 28,000 lb cooler and have never seen temps over 180 degs pulling a 14,000 lb 5er and i ditched the factory cooler it's just right to cool the power stearing, maybe.
2 stroker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts