Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ight yall, summer is finally here and so is my summer job so i can finally start building my truck beyond the basics that i already have. I would like to be able to run in the 14 sec class by the end of summer if possible ( i know it probably wont happen but you bet your ass im sure as hell gonna try lol) but mostly ill be sled pulling 2-4 times this summer.

anyways heres whats on the list (1.0 housing from beans, turbo to 5"/6" stack (only have straight from the DP back now), IDM modded by beans, Edge evo tuned into a gryphon by PHP, SD intercooler, shift kit/valve body.....those are the mininum to make it a good tow/fun/economy truck now if funds allow i want to do 17* HPOP, stage ones, and e-fuel.

what do yall think? should i go a junkyard and try to find a 4.10 ls system for pulling? is there any way to do 3.73s? right now i have 3.55's but i know in the sled pull they will work against me. anything im missing?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot trac bars too

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Throw on a tranny cooler and idk if you have gauges but those are a must.

·
Registered
116 Posts
a junk yard intake spyder off a sd, the 3 inch intake plenums and a 6.0 intercooler would be pretty cool. in more ways than one:D an go nicely with your 1.00 housing. at least thats what im doing with my obs once i get the old girl back on her own wheels.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have gauges. Intercooler is comin too, and im on psn from my phone so I cant tell if I left that out or not. Which is better 6.0 or 7.3? Did Yall like your 3" plenums? How did the turbo and motor like em? These mods should put me at around 15.7 correct?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
a junk yard intake spyder off a sd, the 3 inch intake plenums and a 6.0 intercooler would be pretty cool. in more ways than one:D an go nicely with your 1.00 housing. at least thats what im doing with my obs once i get the old girl back on her own wheels.
Whats the big push for 3" intake plenums ?

·
single stacked stroker
120 Posts
A guy around my area has stage two's, ic and 17* hpop with custom tunes and a few other things and runs 14.9-15.3 in the quarter.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the process for gettin the 17* hpop do I just pull it off an sd or do I need to send mine somewhere? Should I save my later money for an adrenaline?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
you can get a brand new Sd 17* hpop or a used one off any 99-03 7.3 SD.

also your gonna need more fuel then whats the stock injectors will flow.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol yes rob thanks I know did ya miss the part about gettin stage ones? Lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who all has had php tune their edge?

·
Registered