Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would in for a diesel poker run? Everyone has their bike poker runs and boat poker runs so why not a diesel one? Make the stops at Indiana diesel shops and it could be for all of the big 3. Good way to get out and cruise and meet some new faces. What do ya'll think?

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but its still 6 months away, summer diesel prices are usually cheaper since they don't put in the additive

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:whs: Thats the spirit! We could make it for a charity and end it at a BBQ and sled pull or just a calm ending in a field with a bonfire and abunch of good diesel buddies. I like how one bike club in the area gave the riders more than enough time to go from stop to stop so you can relax and enjoy the ride and the scenery. There is some really good scenic driving here in Indiana and I'd love to spend a little money for a good cause and go out and cruise with some good friends. Its no different than spending your money in fuel and food driving all over for events like Scheids and TS. It'll probably be more laid back too.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
:whs: Thats the spirit! We could make it for a charity and end it at a BBQ and sled pull or just a calm ending in a field with a bonfire and abunch of good diesel buddies. I like how one bike club in the area gave the riders more than enough time to go from stop to stop so you can relax and enjoy the ride and the scenery. There is some really good scenic driving here in Indiana and I'd love to spend a little money for a good cause and go out and cruise with some good friends. Its no different than spending your money in fuel and food driving all over for events like Scheids and TS. It'll probably be more laid back too.
Never been to either one of those so I don't know how those go down. I can imagine a diesel poker run would be the same as a motorcycle run except more revving and more intersections would be blacked out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:evil gotta be rollin coal on the poker run or it wont be fun. i have already got my tune up ticket for smoke this year so im good. If people dont like our coal o well its better than ricers with fart pipes.:poke:

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I don't think your crazy Dan, just getting people to any GTG is a real challenge.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:evil gotta be rollin coal on the poker run or it wont be fun. i have already got my tune up ticket for smoke this year so im good. If people dont like our coal o well its better than ricers with fart pipes.:poke:
cool story bub :doh:

I don't think your crazy Dan, just getting people to any GTG is a real challenge.
Yea your tell me. No one cares about the little things any more

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
i would do it

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I'm not saying it's a bad idea by any means Daniel. I wouldn't be down for it. Maybe a GTG but those are always almost impossible for me to get to most the time. Like the genius you quoted though, I don't want to be around ignorant people like him:doh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not ignorant by any means my truck barely smokes thats whats funny about the ticket. it doesnt matter to me what people think on the internet. i was just making a statement about really wanting to do the poker run.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not ignorant by any means my truck barely smokes thats whats funny about the ticket. it doesnt matter to me what people think on the internet. i was just making a statement about really wanting to do the poker run.
Maybe it could be a diesel awareness run. Promoting diesels. Showing that we care more about things other than blowing smoke.

Here is what I pondered up today. We have a poker run for a charity like Riley's Children Hospital in Indy. End it there with a truck show for the kids? Possibly have a show-n-shine contest and the kids judge the winner. Just some ideas...

·
Registered
35 Posts
i agree totally about awareness of our breed. Im not into blowing smoke we dont need anymore hype about diesels being bad.Ithink Riley is a Great idea too

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Maybe it could be a diesel awareness run. Promoting diesels. Showing that we care more about things other than blowing smoke.

Here is what I pondered up today. We have a poker run for a charity like Riley's Children Hospital in Indy. End it there with a truck show for the kids? Possibly have a show-n-shine contest and the kids judge the winner. Just some ideas...
thats a really good idea

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well let's get something rolling then. What would you want to do, where would we go on the way there? Start in indy then loop around and come back? I think this would be alot of fun. especially seeing the kids faces and reactions to all the trucks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts