Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Addicted
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend that runs 8" and 40" toyo's, know another guy who has 12.5" and 40's. I'm thinking 10" lift, 40x15.50x22 toyos and 4.88 gears. pics would be awesome so i can get some ideas.

Any suggestions on wheels. been looking and i can't decide. I really like the mkw m26's but cant find them. Bmf are expensive and i see them more and more everyday. So tell me what you think would look good.

Also sould i paint the grille and bumper chrome all white???

2003 cclb white 05 front conversion

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have a buddy that runs 12.5" on 40's and 4.56's, I will be running 15" on 40's and 3.73's until next year when I regear to 4.88's...and we have another buddy that runs 15.5" on 40's... it all depends on the tire clearance you want.

Chad

·
Registered
559 Posts
my buddies got 10'' lift with 22's he had some of the mazzi hulk style wheels on it but then just switched to the deep dish fuel octanes. this is on 40'' m16s...stock gearing

and here it is with octanes

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Going that tall makes a truck pretty useless. If you really want to run 40s ($$$$$$ tires), then I'd go with cutout flares and a 4-6" lift.

·
Addicted
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about it being lifted makes it worthless? I'll drive it everyday and tow with like I do. I paid 1600 for my tires with 95% like tread. Bought Revtek 8" springs brand new with a custom cross member for the indexing ring for 395. Crossover knuckle and traction blocks are next along with drop spring hanger not too bad.

Just looking for pics for ride height thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have my truck lifted 8" right now and it's used all the time. I haul almost 2-3k lbs in the bed to the dump all the time. almost every other weekend. when it gets lifted to 15" it won't be AS much but the only reason I won't is because of the fact that I'll have new paint. it's all in the owner of the truck and if they choose to use it still....either way OUO makes some awesome drop hitches too.....and my tires are only 2400 for all four.

Chad

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
What about it being lifted makes it worthless? I'll drive it everyday and tow with like I do. I paid 1600 for my tires with 95% like tread. Bought Revtek 8" springs brand new with a custom cross member for the indexing ring for 395. Crossover knuckle and traction blocks are next along with drop spring hanger not too bad.

Just looking for pics for ride height thanks

where did you get the crossmember and the indexing ring for 395? I need one but I will probably order the PMF crossmember and index ring for 495.

but still where'd you get it?

Chad

·
Addicted
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Springs index ring and cross member for 395. Guy that works for revtek sold them to me

·
Addicted
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Icon crossover and track bar relocation, revtek front springs with shackle mount drop and shackle. Need ideas for the rear. Traded toyo'sfor some nitto mud grapplers. 40's on mkw m19

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
if you're looking for ideas for the rear I'd suggest Trevor ( PMF ) traction blocks or even blocks. he has EXCELLENT quality products and even better customer service! he'll take care of you for sure. I just ordered about 1900 dollars worth of components from him.
( crossover steering, 7" custom built lift hanger/shackles, remote track bar mount, extended sway bar links, trans crossmember, trans clocking ring, 8" rear blocks and u bolts ( I already have traction bars ). in the near future I'll be ordering his hub kit ( similar to dynatrac )....probably with taxes.

Chad

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Tank that thing has gotta scare the S*** outta people in Chesapeake area.. LOL

Chad

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wow...love the truck in the link...wondering how little lift is needed on my 08 DRW to clear 40s...really wonder who makes 40x12.50r17 other than toyo

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Nobody makes a 40x12.50. A few offer a 40x13.5, but to run on a DRW you would need spacers between the duals. It also makes your truck completely worthless for towing, which is the reason its a DRW in the first place.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
If I was going to make the jump to run 40s, I'd buck up and get a OUO 12" 500 kit.

·
Addicted
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was looking at carrier springs out if canada rear shackle bucket and the front hanger drop for the rear lift. Thia would allow me to use stock springs

1 - 20 of 41 Posts