Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 7.3 php hydra

Was at a stop building boost to launch. Got to 31 psi floored it and released the brake to launch and the truck just shut off. Right before releasing the brake the od off light flashed.

P0500 and P0720 were pulled immediately after this happened. Have not shown back up, but also have not tried to launch under full boost again.

Full truck details in sig

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Her some info on the p0720 I think I would check wiring and the connector to the vss on the trans and rear differential. IMG_0415.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
P0500 is the vss - I have the same code. No speedo, no abs, od flashing.

The transmission is fine. The P0500 makes the od flash but without foul - flashes b/c it’s related (speedo/abs).

PO720 - speed sensor on the back of the transmission near and on top of output shaft. Both speedo sensor on the transmission are the same # so might as well replace both while you’re at it.

Edit: most with the p0500 replace the speedo on the pumpkin and all is good. Not with mine though - the code reader can’t even communicate with the abs module. Speedo gets ran thru the abs module before it reaches the instrument cluster. So I have a bad module. I have the replacement but do you know how much of a bit** is to take out that module lol?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedo and everything works fine. Cleared the codes and they have not returned. Only time it happened is trying to launch under boost. Haven't had a chance to try again, but also don't want to hurt the truck.

Is there anything that will cause the od light to flash while at a stop in drive with foot on the brake and building boost?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts