Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to tackle my egr delete/intake elbow/intercooler pipe that has been sitting on my desk for the last month. Definitely not the a way to enjoy the day, but none the less, quite doable. EGR and elbow went as planned with no issues but then the last task of MBRP intercooler pipe, of course, didnt work out. Im no certified mechanic but definitely not a moron. This thing must have been made on friday afternoon about 4:45. I tried manuevring every way possible but it rubs on the radiator itself, the bottom bolt housing for the u bracket on the radiator support, and the ac line. Along with that, it just doesnt line up with both hoses/clamps very well at all. Am I missing something obvious? Doing something wrong? Finally got fed up with it and reinstalled the factory one. Would have had job completed from start to finish in about 6 hours by myself if it wasnt for this hangup.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
seems mbrp's stuff across the board just doesnt fit anymore

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same problem. I convinced MBRP I had one of the old early run non fitting pipes and they sent me a brand new one that was identical. THEY DONT FIT. I ended up buying a flo-pro pipe off ebay and it fits good. That was my first and last MBRP product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.