Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run an amp and subwoofer with my factory head unit? I like the look of my stock dash but I need a little more bump for my 22 year old ears haha. Just looking at flipping up m little ext cab seat and setting a 12" sub right there.

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
easy get an amp that can take a line like voltage (dual input ) MTX input or a line voltage converter to rca for a regular amp

then just splice the rear speaker wires i suggest a two chanel amp a two woofers or a dual voice coil single speaker

I also suggest add tweeters for the highs

they have one that goes in the center console if u have one?
or these Ford F-250 | F-350 Subwoofer Boxes

the good thing about the MTX amps available is if u do a line voltage it's current sensing and will auto power on and off so you won't have to figure out how to run a REM wire

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wowww that was all jibberish to me haha. And I have a center console, but I dont think that box in the link u sent me will work in the back of my truck, its an ext cab

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
I would rather get a line converter, you can get them that plug inline with the factory connections and hook an RCA up to them

·
Dont know what I want
507 Posts
I had a car box sitting facing up 2 ten inch rockfords and ran wires down the plastic peice on the side.(pulled it up and feedem under it) mounted my amp to the box that worked great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts