Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally got around to ordering my subs for my truck i went with two pioneer shallow mount 12's in a custom ported box behind the seat in a truck with a power rear slider ill make sure to post some pics once i get them installed hope they hit well. do yall have any recomendations for the mid and high speakers i have a alpine deck not sure if i wanna run crossovers or not on my mids and highs yet as i dont really know how to tune them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Please do share pics and reviews on the sub set up. I am trying to figure out what to run in my 6.4 Crew with powered rear window. where do you get the box at? Also for mids/highs take a look at Rainbow, Massive, and RE.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i put infinity reference speakers in doors and back, pulled stock crossovers off my back speakers and wired them up to run off my back infinity speakers to stock back door tweeters.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the box from SPL2k it is a very high quality box im impressed with his work, as for the pics ill get them up they said the subs will ship in 4 to 14 days lol so whenever they come in ill get to cracking on them

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey pog why dont you post a pic of your stero?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I will. Any specifics? Speakers you cant see due to panels.. And my amp is lying on my floor still. Gotta tuck it under the seat. Ill get some up. I just lost all my phone info like gmail pass n shyt and cant get photobucket on my phone anymore.. Who wants to upload pics through a computer LOL

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the way i do it lol. id like to see your box and how it looks behind the seat and the location of your amp and how you ran your power wire, remotes, and ground

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, ok man sounds good i appriciate it, how do you like your door speekers? did you just replace the mids or did you do the tweeters also?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Door speakers are brite. Super clear and they dont crackle when the volume gets high. Kept all stock tweeters (back doors and front up by pillars) and the ones that came with speakers. I honestly couldnt be happier how it turned out. Will try and get pics up tmr.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
care to explain what you mean by and the ones that came with the speakers? lol how many tweeters do you have in your truck?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
well the aftermarket speakers come with built in tweeters which stay on the speaker and then the stock tweeters i hooked them how they were. i guess you would say i have 6 tweeters and 2 midrange (the ones in the rear doors)? if you are gonna continue using the back door midrange speakers just take the crossovers off the oem rear speakers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you have any pics of how you got them all wired up?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Umm i dont think so. Ill see if i can make sense from my old stockers when i see them in the garage. I remember we had to cut them off the stock speaker and double sided taped the crossovers in the rear pillars

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got my subs hooked up and they hit hard, i gotta take them back out and cut the cab vents off because they are pushed out from the box and they vibrate REAL BAD! ill try and get some pictures when i redo it

·
Registered
21 Posts
lol yall are funny infin is a great mid and hi speaker 4 to 6 tweeters in a crewcab is plenty and 2 sets of mids are enough also pioneers are good polk are ok i dont have much exsperence with the newer trucks but have built several systems for older trucks and cars i have 1 pioneer 10 and a 1000 watt amp just sitting on mu back seat ( to busy to build a new box) and every one asks if its 2 15 when building a system each speaker you add takes a certain amount of air space to work properly and to get the best sound out of it

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
i mainly use kenwood or kicker door speakers. I want to say i put kickers in my 450, it sounded awesome, but it also didnt have any rear speakers from the factory lol

·
Chachi
237 Posts
i custom made a center console and put my sub inside my center console, 10 inch alpine sub, with a alpine V12 amp, also have tweeter speakers on my a posts the sound is great

1 - 18 of 18 Posts