Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a early 99 and i would like to add a little bass. nothin big, all i need is two 8's or maybe a 10 or two nothin bigger. this is the deal though i want them hidden as much as possible. i dont mind if it stuck out a little from under the back seat but i don't want it stickin out alot. i was curious if anyone has put subs in a early 99 ext. cab. if it was a later model i could just buy a box but since the early 99 is different i am going to have to come up with something different. anyone have any ideas?

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
I'm not building an under-the-seat type of box, but a downfire box built to double as a rear center console... Will post pics as I go along.

The under-seat area is for one thing - clutter. There really isnt room for much else. My truck makes use of most of the space, mainly as air room for my amp and inverter. Think there's a bag of oil dry or something under there, rolled up all tightly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics would be great if you get a chance to take some. and i see it says your location is starkville is that starkville, ms?

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Yep... The one and same. I havent gotten the box built yet, but will try and have it done before the end of june, so it will be in the truck before Scrapin', amongst other things :ford:

I've gotta do some desigining, which should happen this weekend, if time allows. Then, it's off with the designs, and try and get it built. I just hope I can afford an amp before then, lol. Otherwise, it'll be runnin on my little rockford!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
If your interested you could easily do that into an 08 center console, 2 8's, single 10 or single 12. Or the rear center console idea would work great too

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
I agree - all of them would work pretty well, I just dunno if I could hack up an expensive console like that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thats cool 4eyed i go state. ill be movin back to starkville in june, i thought about gettin a 08 console but i dunno. i went to a audio store today and a box for a 97-99 f-150 worked decent though.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Sounds good... Lemme know how it goes if you decide to go that route.

You should look me up when you get to town... I'll be the only guy in town with a PSD that isnt jacked up and on mud tires. :poke: If I'm off work/class, there will be a rednose APBT (Pitbull) in the back, or drooling in the pass seat.

Seriously, it has a dieselmanor sticker on the backglass, and an MBRP exhaust on it - that's about all that sets it apart - for now, anyway ;)

We've got a group of guys who do the car thing (get together, shoot the bull, etc)... You're welcome to hang out with us sometime, if you're interested.

·
Registered
703 Posts
just build one. it cost me about 40 bucks. it was my first box i built so i could tighten it up a little bit to make it smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts