Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 38r or H2E use the same Dp as the stock turbo?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am asking because when i put the PSD in the 86(SOON) i would like to put a DP in but I am keeping the stock turbo(for now) plan to upgrade to a H2E or 38 shortly down the road. Dont want to replace DP only the replace it again

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
You will have to upgrade your downpipe. The turbos sit differently i believe which screws up the flange fitting both turbos. So I would just do your stocker system until you upgrade, then swap out the turbo along with the dp.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
You will have to upgrade your downpipe. The turbos sit differently i believe which screws up the flange fitting both turbos. So I would just do your stocker system until you upgrade, then swap out the turbo along with the dp.
TomS just welded a SD flange off a SD downpipe to his OBS downpipe to run a 38r

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
TomS just welded a SD flange off a SD downpipe to his OBS downpipe to run a 38r
In that case, he would have to buy the obs downpipe and a superduty downpipe. Which is fine if thats what he wants to do. But he said the turbo swap would be shortly down the road. In that case, he would only have to buy the new dp. Just trying to save him a few bucks. But your suggestion would work also.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i do have a stock SD DP. Can I weld the OBS flange to the SD DP till i go to upgrade my turbo, then i will buy what ever DP i need to go with what ever turbo i buy

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I would just get a obs 3" downpipe and then weld the SD flange to it.
That is also my suggestion. Hunt around and find someone that has a old stock SD downpipe laying around that can cut off the flange for you. I think I have photos in the SD turbo article in the library sections. That is if you want to run a 38R. I am not sure about the H2E.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts