Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ships Mechanic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 01 superduty has developed a strange rough idle/throttle surge condition lately. If it is cold outside, and i turn on my headlights at idle, it almost kills the engine. Then it surges and lopes and what not. While driving, it surges as well, with cruise on or off.
Headlights off, not a thing wrong with it. So i went ahead and put a new alternator on, i had already replaced the CPS and that other sensor on the rear axle. I removed the tune and put it back to stock, and i have no headlight mods, besides where my autometers tap into the switch harness, and that connection seems 10-4.
Any ideas?
Again, ONLY with headlights on.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
So my 01 superduty has developed a strange rough idle/throttle surge condition lately. If it is cold outside, and i turn on my headlights at idle, it almost kills the engine. Then it surges and lopes and what not. While driving, it surges as well, with cruise on or off.
Headlights off, not a thing wrong with it. So i went ahead and put a new alternator on, i had already replaced the CPS and that other sensor on the rear axle. I removed the tune and put it back to stock, and i have no headlight mods, besides where my autometers tap into the switch harness, and that connection seems 10-4.
Any ideas?
parts store CPS' are known to cause issues.
just sayin'....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Any ideas?
what tunes?

·
Ships Mechanic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Diablosport Predator. Nothing special but it works till i got the cash for something better. Im using the "High altitude" tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.