Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
College Student
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to look at a E99 motor tomorrow a guy is parting out and wondering what all I should possibly try and snag that would be better than what I already got or slight upgrade. All the parts would go on my 95 OBS.

Im originally going to look at it to get the E99 intake spider and intercooler pipes off it. What else should I possibly try and dicker a deal with? The guy seems to be pretty reasonable with prices, but won't know the full condition of the motor till tomorrow.
I want to eventually convert to E-fuel. Would snagging the fuel bowl assembly off it be a good idea as for parts to convert to E-fuel, or would be better off to go a different route in the future for E-fuel?

What I have been told about the motor is that it is just the motor. It was paired with an 4R100, but the guy sold the tranny. The motor has 331K on it and is sitting on a pallet and have been covered.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,277 Posts
get the driver exhaust manifold if you want to do sd up pipes. I would personally just get an e-fuel setup that deletes the fuel bowl entirely and has filters on the frame instead. You could take the wiring harness too so you can get the single uvch connectors too.

·
College Student
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put in a KC TP38R and ended up bitting the bullet and putting in new up pipes as well while they were easily accessible.

As for the wiring harness, would I just take the entire harness off of the motor or just a select part of it?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
intercooler (E99 should have all aluminum 7.3 cooler = nice!), intercooler charge pipes, intake spider - now your 95 can be intercooled!!

If you get the intake tube (from airbox to turbo) it makes it easier to swap to the Donaldson 6637 air filter

E99 turbo and pedestal, drivers manifold as mentioned above so you can delete the OBS turbo mounting and update to the SD style
SD up pipes are MUCH cheaper and the SD turbo is much easier to remove, so this is a nice upgrade

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,277 Posts
The whole harness comes off the engine and has a single large plug on the driver side held together by a 10mm bolt. I'd take the whole thing.
I just put in a KC TP38R and ended up bitting the bullet and putting in new up pipes as well while they were easily accessible.

As for the wiring harness, would I just take the entire harness off of the motor or just a select part of it?
Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
College Student
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up not having the wiring harness. So just took the E99 spider and the cooler pipes.

The guy ended up pulling the motor out of a CCLB E99 because it needed injectors. The guy builds trucks for fun and is currently putting a 01 24v Cummins in it for the fun of it.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
score on the spider and charge pipes for sure!! Getting harder ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to find

1 - 7 of 7 Posts