Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is generally considered the cut off for not needing studs, valve springs, and pushrods? I will be putting on some 200cc Full Force single shots and a 38r. I' wondering how close to the cut off I will be.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Not that im recommending it. Ive got studs sitting in the tool box, But im pushing just over 500hp on stock head bolts, springs and push rods. For over a year now. No issues. I have plans for springs and push rods going in with the studs. If it gets that far.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
500HP is usually the cut off, (yes many are making more but unlike stainless gaskets, composites dont reseal if you stud them one at a time after blowing)

200cc and a 38r you will be fine dont even worry about it. Have fun

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Depending on nozzle size which ultimately limits your hp potential, you wont 'need' them to safely operate the truck, however if you worry about stuff when you push the pedal down then go ahead and do it. If it were my truck I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Its all a gamble, but a 200/100 will be in the high 400HP. I personally have 238/100's in an 03, that is bone stock other than a Tymar intake. That being said, I am building another forged motor that will have studs and springs installed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys actually sent me 180s but I ordered 200s. I half way thought about just keeping them to be safe and not push back my build till after Thanksgiving, but, what would be the fun in that! I have a RR and T500 coming also to put all this fuel to good use.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I would do all............studs, springs and pushrods...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well the 180cc is a stage 2, and is about as big as we normally do, although a 200, 225 we have done before. Not sure why you did not get the 200cc? I personally do not think you will need anything with the 180cc stage 2's, as far as springs and studs go, and the power diff between the 180cc and the 200cc will not be a large gain.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not really a big deal to send them back. We ordered them through DPtuner and I was just wanting a little more than the 180s. My thought is a little more then 2hp per cc so about 40 or so more hp seemed like a big enough gain for me to go with the slightly bigger ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts