Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just curious what studs i should go with arp's or what ever else is out there havent really done my home work yet just thought id ask the guys that have done it before. also what is the hours of labor to pull the motor out of an 04 SD thanks guys

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I used ARP's in mine....... the easiest way is to lift the cab and do it that way.... i think the pulling the engine way is more labor intensive. I am sure others will chime in....

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I used ARPs in mine as well . No problems here. I pulled my engine right out the front. I didnt/still dont have a lift to use, so I just Po Boyed it. Not as bad as you would think. Did mine by myself most of the way. Had mine out several times, of coarse the first time took the longest. Took about 10 hours. Thats with me screwing around, eating lunch, reading web pages, running to town to get a tool or 2 ..... you get the picture. After that I think I had it down to about 5 or 6 hours. From being in the truck to sitting on a stand.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya thats the thing i have a lift available but can only tie it up for a day or so. that is why i think pulling the motor would be the best route thanks guys really helped me out

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Pulling the cab only takes 3 hrs to do, my mechanic can do a head stud job in under 12 hrs. best way to do it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does he charge and where is he lol sounds like a better deal than me spending a couple days on it

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Im in Virginia man lol, its a dealership that built my motor, and if PSN members go they get a discounted labor rate over everyone else

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome wish i was closer to virgina lol

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
where are ya at??? Cold beer goes along way.....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amen to that brotha amen to that im about an hour north of detroit mi where abouts are you all from

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Man Im down in SE TX...Little bit too much drive for me. I know theres some fellas from up your way that hang out here, maybe they will chime in.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i usually go to a guy around me by the name of mike hallas but i want to figure out how to do it my self and what better way than just going for it lol but ya se tx is a little bit of a hike for me

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
hallas can install you a neat side fender exhaust its way cool and ur truck will run 10's

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Oh yea..... and a set of twins pushing about 100 psi

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol ya i heard the kid he was talking to was talking some trash to that maroon reg cab on here lol i have personally rode in the blue one (twins) and the orange one and both are rediculous 6.0l was way more impressed with the orange one though. the blue one sounded cool but didnt really go anywhere i mean dont get me wrong it was fast as #$%* but the orange one o man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts