Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just has studs and egr delete put in and the dealer decided to put a cold start update in the truck and now im geting 14 mpg and it just doesnt have the power like it used to have. I run erics extreme race and its just not there. The only other change is I took the stacks off and put 4" duals with a muffler. I cant believe the muffler has made it that slow what gives? was it the cold start update? Im planning on doing ficm tuning soon.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Porbably a silly question but did you return your programming to stock before taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Im at a total loss. It is quick, just nothing like it was even with blown gaskets

·
Registered
772 Posts
did you check to see that you have the same strategy for the truck as the one that your tunes are written for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt think about that. Would the dealer reflash change my strategy?

·
Registered
772 Posts
most likely... some stratgies are compatible but for the most part with a new reflash you will need a new tune unless your tuner says it is compatible.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Exactly what Sam said, sounds like they did reflash your truck if you had the cold start update which should be the inductive heating I think.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
If you don't mind, what is inductive heating? What does it do differently?

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well just checked the strategy and its the same. Im lost, my wife says its just not as loud cuz I dont have the stacks so it doesnt seem as fast. I dont know Im gonna order a new tune from eric and see if that changes.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I would talk to Eric, he'll figure something out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In getting the ficm tuned also. Then Im hoping its back up and running

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Eric can probable get ya squared away. Odd that it would seem slower. I think a lot of people commented on the newer flashes having less power and less mileage as well. Oh and my memory could be off but I remember my truck getting around 16 or 17 before it got the inductive heat flash and then was getting 13-14 which at first I figured was due to winter fuel, but its been getting roughly 14 ever since.

If you don't mind, what is inductive heating? What does it do differently?

x2.....
Inductive heating flash is for the northern cold climate folks, or those with lazy injectors and sticking spool valves. Instead of buzzing the injectors after shut down, it will buzz the injectors before start up to try and heat/free up the spool valves before starting the truck.

If you hear a buzzing when you first turn the key on then you have the inductive heat flash tuning, otherwise you don't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh yah my mpg is shot. drove to NY and was getting 16.4 hand calculated. Went to NT again and got 13.8 hand calculated. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to do injectors.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
yea they must have gave you the inductive heating flash. when i took my truck in they flashed me and it made my truck way slower. check your strategy with the tuner out of the truck. when you install your tune it will change your strategy to whatever the tune is. and the tune will most likely work cause its in the same family.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
The inductive heat flash is long gone from the ford IDS. The ford computers are updated very very often and you can't go backwards, once a new flash is received the prior one is removed from the system

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you hear a buzzing when you first turn the key on then you have the inductive heat flash tuning, otherwise you don't.
WTF i have this and i live in Florida, no need here. How do i get rid of it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts