Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I was looking at the truck tonight and saw a drip. Well it's coming from the bottom front of the motor. I have no idea what it is. It's clear and when I wipe it off with a white rag it doesn't leave a color. I don't think it's fuel but it could be. I only say this because if I wipe it off the bottom of the motor it smells like fuel but if I wipe it off the brace by the steering gear box it doesn't. I have had the defrost on when running the truck so I guess it could be water but it has an oily feel to it. This has me stumped and im 500+ miles from home/tools/help. Btw I'm at naval air station Jacksonville if anybody can come look at it that would be great. I will get pics up soonly. Oh and I haven't noticed anything needing more fluid either on the trip down from Virginia except coolant but that was a loose hose by the alternator. That's fixed.

Thanks,
Josh.
I'll be keeping an eye on this cuz I'm kinda freaking out cuz I have to drive it home in about a week.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. I looked them up going to call them tomorrow. And the fluid taste like fuel. But where would it be coming from? Underneath the fuel filter is dry.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Yea. I looked them up going to call them tomorrow. And the fluid taste like fuel. But where would it be coming from? Underneath the fuel filter is dry.
Sorry about the spot your in but the taste like fuel part LOL. Check the oring on your fuel filter. And turn your key on and check all your fuel lines.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody know if there are fuel line on the bottom front of the motor by the power steering pump? Top of motor looks dry.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the culprit. It was the gasket on the regulator. Hmmmm never would have thought of it until reading some other threads. Thanks guys. Going to have first coast do that and the blue spring upgrade thing before I leave.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man I am too. Now just wondering how much it's gonna cost.

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
shouldn't be to bad $$
have the new blue spring installed as well if you don't have it

as I was reading this thread I was thinking fuel regulator lol same thing happened to Me but mine was a few days in warranty still

here is a post with pics you can DIY with not many tools

Fuel Regulator Upgrade w/ Pictures - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help guys.

Wish I could have done it myself but First Coast Diesel was cool about everything. I also thank everybody for the help on the board. I was really not expecting to have a fuel leak on the top of the motor when all I saw was fuel all over the bottom of the motor. But its fixed now and I can drive home to va. Hoping to get better then 14.5 hw mpgs now with out the fuel leak lol.

Josh

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea 14.5 mpg above 70 and @ or below 70 I get bout 16.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey guys i put that in my truck and it came with a little black cap like deal thing and i couldnt figure how to get it in,if i put it in it would have a big gap some help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts