Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its kind of a long story but ill try and keep it short. last week after lunch a sgt from another Co in the battalion came to our motor pool looking for some help to unstick a stuck dozer. my self and my driver head out with a HET and they brought there wrecker....

getting into position my driver got stuck, no big deal i have 100klbs worth or rear facing winches. i hooked to the dozer and got my self out.

now im set and ready for the pull. D7 is roughly 60klbs stuck over the tracks. i need about 160klbs worth of anchor for any chance to move this thing.

im tied to the back of the wrecker. both trucks are about 90klbs. first set up i maxed out the winches, nothing moved. i pulled father away to get lower on the drum, that set up pulled the two trucks back. the dozer never moved.

my last option was to set up the spades on the back of the wrecker....

finely after about 3 hours start to finish i get it out

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
That was one hell of a recovery! I think getting it all done in 3 hours is pretty amazing. I have seen reg trucks stuck before that take that long to get out haha.

·
Registered
463 Posts
how the heck did the dozer get out there? what was it doing?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the operator was pushing the cat tails and brush down so the guard towers could see the road better...that was his last pass...

when she came out of the hole she was on her toes...the kid running said that it didnt to that on the way in...she sank quit a bit before i got it out

·
Fire junkie
536 Posts
Damm!!! wish you had been around a few yrs ago when I sank a D9, was not the best 3 days of my life:pointlaugh: side note dont trust the boss when he tells you the ground has dried out enough to drive across to get to the job site:(

Roy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ther\y had a d9 in the motor pool. after my first two atemps they were talking about going to get it.i had to convince them that two stuck dozers are a hell of a lot worse then one...

Big Stroker....what state are you from

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
thery had a d9 in the motor pool. after my first two atemps they were talking about going to get it.i had to convince them that two stuck dozers are a hell of a lot worse then one...

Big Stroker....what state are you from
I'm from Texas

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
yall not have snatch blocks over thier? All my heavy wrecker buddies would have a cow if they seen that truck hooked to the other one like that!! a few strategically placed snatch blocks and the wrecker with spade setup like a dead man and she would of come out alot easier!, regardless god job!

Travis

·
PSA
566 Posts

hehehe...long story short aswell, i went to pull out a grader with the 992, the mud was really greasy, didnt agree with rubber so I went and got the d11...Well, the road didnt agree with the D11 haha. Would have needed a few of those trucks to get me out LOL

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yall not have snatch blocks over thier? All my heavy wrecker buddies would have a cow if they seen that truck hooked to the other one like that!! a few strategically placed snatch blocks and the wrecker with spade setup like a dead man and she would of come out alot easier!, regardless god job!

Travis
whats wrong with using another truck for more weight as long as your rigging between the trucks is sufficient.

as far as the snatch block, there are two factors why i didnt use one. the wrecker has 200 feet of cable. the truck i was using had 150. i was using about 130 feet of it. the winch on the wrecker is good for 30ton single. the winches on the HET are good for 50ton single line, and i had to lines on it.

and it was out side of VBC. thats as much of a location as im going to say on the open forum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehehe...long story short aswell, i went to pull out a grader with the 992, the mud was really greasy, didnt agree with rubber so I went and got the d11...Well, the road didnt agree with the D11 haha. Would have needed a few of those trucks to get me out LOL
that 11 is no joke. you didnt have a LGP high track 6 around. i have pics of a PC1250 stuck up to the house in mud. what a mess that was..ill see if i can dig them up

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
The wrecker guys freak when ya tie two together its hard on the machines!!
Travis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts