Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

i have a chance to pick up a set of strobes form a guy i work with, he bought them new 2 years ago for 500$ never but them in and his truck he was going to put them in sht the bed. 250$

thinking markers and tails, because theirs been quite a few times im sitting on the side of the road at night helping a friend out.

yes or no?

thoughts?

-Rob

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Love mine... used to have a few videos of them, but they are on TDG and... well... I am banned.

I'll take some tonight if I remember.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh dam. those are nice! i dont think the kit is that elaborate. ill have to get a name brand tomorrow.

·
Registered
243 Posts
worth every penny IMO. I have 4 up front two in the windsheild and two in the brake lights. As for a 4 head system I would put them in the turn signals and the brake lights. Putting them in clear lenses is rough on the eyes after 10 hours of plowing because they are so bright, but if your just going to use them as warning lights on the side of the road then I would probably put them in the clear lenses like the reverse lights and the headlights.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Check your local laws! Here in jersey you cannot have them in your headlights or tail lights or you may face some jail time if you use them on the street.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Check your local laws! Here in jersey you cannot have them in your headlights or tail lights or you may face some jail time if you use them on the street.
Actually you can if the bulbs are Amber.

Clear and Red are reserved for fire/ems and LEO's. Thats the reason behind that law

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Actually you can if the bulbs are Amber.

Clear and Red are reserved for fire/ems and LEO's. Thats the reason behind that law
IF you have an amber light permit and only in the front turn signals and back up lenses or if the rear turn signals are amber in color. Oh and here its blue and red not clear and only police can have anything in the headlights.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

Another one I took today. They have been in there for about 4 years now with no issue at all.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Joe what kit is that?

·
Registered
243 Posts
You are not going to get any kit of a good quality for nowhere close to $250, especially not a 6 head set-up. I paid a little less than $500 for mine and my dad is a distributor so thats with his dicount. And the LED hide-a-ways SUCK IMHO becuase they are no where even close to as bright as the strobes and I don't know about you but when I use mine it is cuz I'm in a dangerous place and I like the extra safety. My dad's 6.0 has whelen LED's in his turns and brakes and mine are easily twice as bright.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You are not going to get any kit of a good quality for nowhere close to $250, especially not a 6 head set-up. I paid a little less than $500 for mine and my dad is a distributor so thats with his dicount. And the LED hide-a-ways SUCK IMHO becuase they are no where even close to as bright as the strobes and I don't know about you but when I use mine it is cuz I'm in a dangerous place and I like the extra safety. My dad's 6.0 has whelen LED's in his turns and brakes and mine are easily twice as bright.
Its so much more helpful and crediable when someone qualifies there statements or opinions as you have with comparisons rather than telling someone yours is a POS get this and nothing more.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Joe what kit is that?

Here is the kit I got about 4 years ago... It gets used alot...

SIRENNET.COM - Sirennet HK6C 90 Watt 6 Strobe Kit

$200 bucks in mine... Worked everytime...LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I stand corrected, I don't know anything about your system or how often you use it but I have put approximatly 100 hours on my kit this winter alone and it works perfect everytime. I have a personnal preference to Whelen lighting products so I paid some for the name but they also stand behind there product with awsome customer service. But as long as yours works when you need it to then all the power to ya.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the strobe kit is by Trucklite, bought them threw my work for with a dealer price of 425$

he offered them to me for 200. wish i didnt owe snapon so much... or need an exhaust on my truck to get a sticker next month...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts