Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

Thats all I have right now... Had them for 7 years now, work as good now as when new.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i really like that kit. So you set yours up with 1 in each headlight housing, 1 in each tail light housing, and 1 in each tail light reverse housing?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Yup... I would run a few grill one's too, but fun money is hard to come by anymore.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup... I would run a few grill one's too, but fun money is hard to come by anymore.
ya, any money is hard to come by.... but i dont know how i would hook up 4 (1 each corner) grille strobes also. Like, if I would have to get a kit that comes with them integrated, or I will have to buy an add-on kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had grille strobes in my old truck. Got them pretty cheap on ebay and just wired them in with a switch in the dash. Much simpler than drilling into the headlight housing if that's what you're looking for. I don't think I have any pics though. Sorry.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on getting a 160w-12v-white-8 bulb kit for $90 on ebay (new). and also get a set of (4) white-grille leds.

My plan is to put 1 bulb in each reverse housing, 1 in each lower marker housing, and make an adapter for the grille led's to run them off of the remaining 4 open spots on the controller.

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
I plan on getting a 160w-12v-white-8 bulb kit for $90 on ebay (new). and also get a set of (4) white-grille leds.

My plan is to put 1 bulb in each reverse housing, 1 in each lower marker housing, and make an adapter for the grille led's to run them off of the remaining 4 open spots on the controller.
You can not run led lights off a strobe power supply...just a fyi, if you want to one it all from one power supply/control box you will need to get either all LED or all strobe. Most LED's now a days are self contained but can be sync'd with other LED light heads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can not run led lights off a strobe power supply...just a fyi, if you want to one it all from one power supply/control box you will need to get either all LED or all strobe. Most LED's now a days are self contained but can be sync'd with other LED light heads.
I had no idea, thankyou, now I must brainstorm to figure out what I want to do...

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
I had no idea, thankyou, now I must brainstorm to figure out what I want to do...
You can carry on with you HAW strobe lights, just look for remote strobe heads for your grill that are compatible with the strobe power supply you are looking at, or you can go with all led's including the HAW's, something like the whelen vertex (Google them to check them out) and sync them with a pair of led grill lights, however, the grill lights you are looking at on ebay will more then likely not sync with the vertex HAW's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want quality led strobes, check out code 3. They have led strobe heads that mount in a 1" hole, or can be mounted externally. Im seriously looking at getting a set for my service truck. I bought a cheap ebay led kit, it was a 6 head system, I have one in each front turn signal housing, the other 4 are laying in my toolbox. lol. I have 2 oval led lights on the bed that I hooked up to the strobe kit. They work pretty good, but are not bright enough for what I want. The code 3 products are a bit more money, but I think for what I do it is well worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
strobes get hot, extremely hot during operation. Most of them need vented to prevent melting the housings you put them in. Thats why most strobes are put in the headlights and tail lights, the housings are big enough and when vented allow enough air to cool them properly. The leds do not get hot. If I were you I would look at getting a led system. I can get some video of mine tomorrow.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
I just installed them in my 2012. It has one in turn signals and one n headlight and then one in the reverse lights for a total of 6. Havent installed myngrillenlights yet but ive got 6, 3led lights for it. On my 6.4 i have one in headlight and the reverse, just wasnt enough light

·
07stroker
8 Posts
I just put a 120 watt kit in mine and I love it! I'll try to post a video

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Go whelen everything if you want the best stuff. The vertex LEDs are good lights for factory housings( headlights taillights etc) I personally still like the look of the regular strobes in factory housings. If your looking for something in the grille do LEDs that have self contained flash pack such as Lin 6, tir 4, Tir 3 or a dominator if your looking for something bigger. all made by whelen, but most light manufactures make something similar. As stated above Most anything that is LED with self contained flasher can be synced to flash with or opposite of another LED. as far as the strobes in the factory lights, its not necessary to sync those with your grille set up you would just want to sync them with the other strobes which is done by plugging into certain outlets on the power pack that are preset to send power at the same time/opposite the other plugs on the pack. My 250 doesn't have any lights in it yet but my 2012 and both z71s I had did. I ran whelen stobes in the headlights, fog lights, reverse lights, taillights and cargo lights. All ran off of a whelen 90watt power supply. I also had a dominator in the bottom of the back glass, two slim lighters in the top of the back glass, tir 3s on the tag bracket, tir 3s under the tailgate, a slim lighter above my rearview mirror and a dominator in the grille. You may want to check out prestige emergency lights as well, it's knock off stuff but way cheaper and pretty good quality

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts