Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i bought the strobe kit for my truck, but i cant decide on a place to mount them and well i need some $ in the account to pay the bills..

it's boxed up by trucklite, has a whelen 6660PS strobe power supply, 4 clear strobe tubes, boxed by trucklite, i believe there whelen mfg. 4 cables 15ft in length.

Trucklite's page, Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : Hide-A-Way System, 4 Lamp Kit

never been installed, i opened the package's and just cant figure out where to go with it, i did plug 1 strobe into the controller and test it, Dam the strobe was BRIGHT!

retail is $350-450, send me an offer on what you could do. package is'nt to heavy so shipping shouldn't be a problem.

thanks guys

-Rob

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
hey guys

i bought the strobe kit for my truck, but i cant decide on a place to mount them and well i need some $ in the account to pay the bills..

it's boxed up by trucklite, has a whelen 6660PS strobe power supply, 4 clear strobe tubes, boxed by trucklite, i believe there whelen mfg. 4 cables 15ft in length.

Trucklite's page, Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : Hide-A-Way System, 4 Lamp Kit

never been installed, i opened the package's and just cant figure out where to go with it, i did plug 1 strobe into the controller and test it, Dam the strobe was BRIGHT!

retail is $350-450, send me an offer on what you could do. package is'nt to heavy so shipping shouldn't be a problem.

thanks guys

-Rob
You have to drill holes in the back of your existing front and rear lamps, and damn I hate to open those up to the atmosphere. Lots of guys around here use them for plowing snow and they are pretty elegant.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to drill holes in the back of your existing front and rear lamps, and damn I hate to open those up to the atmosphere. Lots of guys around here use them for plowing snow and they are pretty elegant.
yes you do, and seal them up with some RTV silicone to make sure the out stays out.

i've drilled a few holes in some test pieces and haven't been able to get a consistent hole diameter, and dont have the money for better bits... hence why im thinking i should sell them before i go and screw something up.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NLA,

built housings for them, installed on truck.

mods can close if they would like.

-Rob

I

·
0 Posts
You have any pics of what you built. I'm thinking of installing as well..

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have any pics of what you built. I'm thinking of installing as well..
yeah, ill get some pictures in the morning. still have to decide if im going to paint the chrome black, and or the lenses black or a chrome cover... decisions... it sucks being Add :pointlaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts