Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. Im planning on getting an Innovative tuned SCT, down the road. But I was wondering if there was a recommended tuner out there that is lower cost, and is designed to improve mileage. I know tuners can give these diesels a real edge on fuel economy. I drive around town mostly, and would like to see some improvement.

thanks!

Also, my truck is stock, so I was hoping I get a tuner that would compliment my stock setup...

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
hey all. Im planning on getting an Innovative tuned SCT, down the road. But I was wondering if there was a recommended tuner out there that is lower cost, and is designed to improve mileage. I know tuners can give these diesels a real edge on fuel economy. I drive around town mostly, and would like to see some improvement.

thanks!

Also, my truck is stock, so I was hoping I get a tuner that would compliment my stock setup...
You may look at Power Hungry Performances web site. I have a 2006 f-250 and I get 11mpg in town and 13.5 on the highway. Im just waiting on work to pick up so I can get some extra money to send my FICM in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more looking into tuners and progammers, and all the tuners add around 100 hp in the economy tune. Im thinking, I might as well start building my truck the way I want, and get the SCT.

BTW, Im getting 13-14 around town, but I have seen as much as 22-23 on the freeway. But I average around 17-18 on the freeway.

·
1,097 Posts
You might contact Swamp Donkey. He did two pretty good ones for me. Whether they work for you...probably depends on you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts