Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It appears that someone has done some sort of do-it-yourself E fuel system. I don't see a stock fuel bowl,

Do a little research around here on E Fuel for OBS and it'll make more sense.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is that a '94?

·
College Student
206 Posts
Looks like the wires run to relay or something over there on the passenger side fender wall. When I put in the time looking up how to do my E Fuel swap, I never saw someone stick the pump in that spot, so that is interesting.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
As a FYI your 94 truck came with a mechanical two stage fuel pump that was located in the engine valley almost under the tubo, the 01 engine came with a frame mounted fuel pump. So to run the engine they had to install a Efuel. They both had filter/water separators in the valley of the engine just in front of the turbo. Your engine is missing this filter/water separator in the valley so it has to be somewhere else, either just one filter for both functions or two, a filter and a water separator.

It just looks like whoever did the job just didn't do a very clean install and just did it to get it to work hoping to go back later and clean it up. Perhaps............................?

·
Project Shamu
2,725 Posts
A fuel pump that far away from the tank, and that high above the tank, is not going to last very long either. Fuel pumps like to push fuel, not pull it, and especially not across a long distance, or uphill!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
An 01 engine you need electric fuel. Interesting spot for the 7.3 electric fuel pump mount. It does have a fuel regulator just behind pump, looks to be an Aeromotive which is a quality product as are the look of the fittings and fuel lines. What I’d do is follow the fuel line towards the tanks to see if there is a filter system in line. Also I’d check to see if there is a return line as there’s should be a return from the fuel regulator back to tank.
Lastly I’d put a gauge on the regulator and check what fuel pressure you’re getting at idle, should be 65-67 psi. Also clean up the electric wiring harness to E fuel pump and ensure it has a fuse to protect from shorting.
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An 01 engine you need electric fuel. Interesting spot for the 7.3 electric fuel pump mount. It does have a fuel regulator just behind pump, looks to be an Aeromotive which is a quality product as are the look of the fittings and fuel lines. What I’d do is follow the fuel line towards the tanks to see if there is a filter system in line. Also I’d check to see if there is a return line as there’s should be a return from the fuel regulator back to tank.
Lastly I’d put a gauge on the regulator and check what fuel pressure you’re getting at idle, should be 65-67 psi. Also clean up the electric wiring harness to E fuel pump and ensure it has a fuse to protect from shorting.
Cheers
Thanks for letting me know the proper psi! He had it sitting at 40!! Turned it up to 65 now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts