Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MCredman
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a small place where oil was leaking from my 2005 powerstroke 6.0 . It is dripping on to the frame on passenger side under the tube to charge air cooler. I know there is suppose to be some amount of oil in that tube but with it dripping on frame and driveway I am thinking that is to much oil to be normal .I checked the boot on bottom don't see crack or anything in it but there is oil droplets at bottom of clamp at charge air connection.I also noticed it's sipping some oil out of the oil line at top of turbo , I had to take it out to get to sensor and had to make a gasket for top two flange but where there is a plug right next to that top flange the hole for allen wrench to fit in is full of oil. I made that gasket from good material and should not leak but I will check it if it is leaking I can make another . So how much should actually pass thru that turbo and into the tube. I will clean boot and reinstall and tighten extra but my concern is the amount blowing out of the turbo and if its normal. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Train Whistlin' Ex driver
55 Posts
Whenever I take the CAC boots off I'm surprised how much oil I have to clean off. I had a 1/2" tear in my turbo outlet boot that I didn't notice until it coated the top of the engine, and I had to flex the removed boot to really see it. Other than a tear/cracking make sure the boot is seated properly in the grooves, and that oil is not running down along the pipe.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,400 Posts
That's the oil feed line for the turbo and there should not be anything leaking from it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts