Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I have a 4" straight pipe 4 feet long and then a glass pack muffler on it and a 45 degree dump at the axle. I live in Texas, no problems. Not too loud at all but if more than stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live south of Houston and I had hell getting someone to pass my truck this year with a straight pipe, never had any problems in the past though. Its funny it was easier to get my mustang inspected and it doesn't have cats!

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I have heard that the "Greenies" are out for diesels/soot/smoke/exhaust tone and particulate. It has been mandated to DPS to look and check.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
depends on what year truck you are talking about. I have had a 92 w/o, 96 w, 99 w, 2-00's w/o, 02 w, 09 w. imo I like a muffler because a v-8 diesel motor sounds stupid straight piped. all of those with the exception of the 09, I ran 3 1/2 inch with a y pipe with 2 flomasters turned on there side with turn downs. they sounded great. on my 6.4 I have a full 4" with a resonator on it. It isn't that bad. nice deep sound to it. just my .02 Dave

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
:whs: about the resonator and a disesel being totally straight-
piped-imo I like a muffler because a v-8 diesel motor sounds stupid straight piped. all of those with the exception of the 09, I ran 3 1/2 inch with a y pipe with 2 flomasters turned on there side with turn downs. they sounded great. on my 6.4 I have a full 4" with a resonator on it. It isn't that bad. nice deep sound to it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how does a straight pipe v8 diesel sound terrible? i love the sound of my 7.3 straight piped

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I think the resonator or glass pac helps with the tone. It is noe bad , just better with a resonator. A Dodge sounds terrible straight piped I know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Centxdiesel do you have a problem of soot buildup on your pickup? I would rather dump the exhaust out like yours but I am afraid that everything from the axle to the tailgate would be covered in soot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts