Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of super duty 1 ton axles under my F250 , i was wondering how everyone is going about the speedo hookup on these if anyone has done this ? what parts are you switching or are you using what came off the old axles or what ? TIA

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The VSS is in the rear axle housing on both the old axle and the SD axle. Plug n Play.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey Cowboy, I think if I am reading his post right and by looking at his avatar that he already has them in under the truck but just didn't know about the VSS.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm not going to be abel to help you out much personally, but:
-Super duty axles are different wheel bolt patterns from the OBS, so you'll need the SD wheels.
-SD axles have different locations for the spring perches, IIRC.

You may want to look at this:
pics of 95 hybrid Super Duty Bronco suspension - Powerstroke Nation
the spring perch width on the new axles are 3/8" wider, when I did the same swap in my Bronco, we used the factory Bronco axle blocks, the centering pin on them is a slightly smaller diameter than on the new axle. We ended up only having to deal with about 1/8" total difference, a slight push on the spring and it popped right in.

Now for the OP, on my 05 axle the VSS sensor was different. The sensor its self looked the same, but it had a different plug, we just popped the one out of the old axle and put it in, worked perfectly.

Here is a link to how to calibrate the speedo

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f29/how-do-i-recalibrate-speedometer-my-obs-f350-226887/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts