Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a really sweet deal on a spare motor for my truck. Its complete including all accessories as it was pulled from the truck. The motor has about 170k miles on it. I bought this motor as a spare in case something happens to mine. Right now its sitting on a pallet in my garage. What should/can I do to this motor to keep it as healthy as it can be till someday later in life if I ever need it? If life permits it, I would want it rebuilt before it goes into my truck but who knows if ill have the time and or money to rebuild it when I need it.

Its got a 4x4 sitting under the notch in the oil pan on the pallet then some straps holding it from rocking. This seemed wrong to me. I remember seeing some pics of a wood frame a long time ago that Marty built for his motor. I was thinking of making something like that also. any ideas on a engine cradle ?

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I know one guy used some kind of truck or tractor tire.lol cheap enough.
i would think seafoam or mystery oil. Maybe.
dont want rust build up.

I would not shrink wrap it at that will build up moisture.
just my ideas

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I had one under a tarp on a couple tires out in the open for a couple years. Brought it into the garage to put in my father in laws truck. It had water in a couple cylinders and the oil pan. I kept pumping WD40 in the holes and blowing water out of the glow plug holes for a couple weeks every day. Put the motor in and it has been running fine for close to a year. I don't reccomend this though, LOL.

I would say just put some engine storing fluid in it, turn it over by hand, definitely keep it in the garage and jack it up and put a couple tires under it keeping it level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.