Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am sure this has been asked before :rolleyes: what is the the stock AD nozzle flow number in LPH or LPM ? looking at going to 7 hole 27lph/lpm
(i forget how they are rated, guessing lph) or a conversion # from stock to say .007 over EH'D .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i am sure this has been asked before :rolleyes: what is the the stock AD nozzle flow number in LPH or LPM ? looking at going to 7 hole 27lph/lpm
(i forget how they are rated, guessing lph) or a conversion # from stock to say .007 over EH'D .
Stock 7 hole nozzles are about 18±1.5 LPM (air flow). After EH, the variability will decrease. My DDP AC singles are Stage 1 plus a fraction with 21±0.5 LPM nozzles.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how big a jump from say stock to 27lpm? im thinking its alot to much? these are going on a set of hybrids and i tow alot, pull some fuel out to keep the smoke down at lower rpm's.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
The standard hybrids I ran worked great for towing, I don't know how much they flowed but they were just the standard Mini Me hybrids, and they were very streetable and towed awesome.

Smoke in the lower tunes was no worse than stock AD's. Now the SHO Mini Me's are another story

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
how big a jump from say stock to 27lpm? im thinking its alot to much? these are going on a set of hybrids and i tow alot, pull some fuel out to keep the smoke down at lower rpm's.
My impression is EH nozzles seem to smoke more than the other method of enlarging nozzles (the acronym escapes me right now, "Have another beer Paul!"). They may look better under a scanning electron microscope but they may not aerosolize the fuel as well. Mini-me nozzles are not EH'd, IIRC. That might explain why they didn't smoke as much. I think 27 lpm is going to smoke a lot if my experience with 21 lpm nozzles is any indication. Now my H2e will clear it up eventually but getting there will inflame the tree huggers.

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Why do you people insist on measuring EH Nozzles the wrong way??? The correct way to check a nozzle is "Kilograms Per Minute". As in Fuel through the nozzle (what is supposed to go through there) NOT AIR!!! A Stock nozzle will flow 1.055 kg/m and a 30 % over stock (.007") will flow 1.296-1.306 depending on what day it is. If Dynomite and others that EH nozzles would spend about another $100,000 on a flow bench they could give you some real numbers not how much air will flow thru you fuel injector nozzles :hehe:.

FWIW, I believe that Mini mes and Industrial stage 2's use a 30% Extrude Hone nozzle, and the Mini me's can be upgraded to Super Mini me's with a .012 EDM nozzle.

If I remember correctly I thought that David Stated that the Mini me Nozzle was something like 28 LPM, so maybe that equals 1.296-1.306 kg/m :shrug:

Care to enlighten us Wizard???

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
With stock being .006", then a 30% over would actually be a .0078"(0r .008" to give round numbers).

.007" would be 20% over if my math is correct.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why do you people insist on measuring EH Nozzles the wrong way??? The correct way to check a nozzle is "Kilograms Per Minute". As in Fuel through the nozzle (what is supposed to go through there) NOT AIR!!! A Stock nozzle will flow 1.055 kg/m and a 30 % over stock (.007") will flow 1.296-1.306 depending on what day it is. If Dynomite and others that EH nozzles would spend about another $100,000 on a flow bench they could give you some real numbers not how much air will flow thru you fuel injector nozzles :hehe:.

FWIW, I believe that Mini mes and Industrial stage 2's use a 30% Extrude Hone nozzle, and the Mini me's can be upgraded to Super Mini me's with a .012 EDM nozzle.

If I remember correctly I thought that David Stated that the Mini me Nozzle was something like 28 LPM, so maybe that equals 1.296-1.306 kg/m :shrug:

Care to enlighten us Wizard???
You people :gethim::D just asking what i was told and thats what Jody also asked how many KPM. i remember reading about this awhile back, havent been able to find it. i had planned on going stock nozzles but after talking around, thought's were it's easier to ask for more fuel later(programing) than to try and push more out through a smaller opening. makes sense to me:shrug:

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Small nozzles can be opened up at a later date for more fuel delivery if you need to keep the power down for the sake of parts. Much like I did.

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
You people :gethim::D just asking what i was told and thats what Jody also asked how many KPM. i remember reading about this awhile back, havent been able to find it. i had planned on going stock nozzles but after talking around, thought's were it's easier to ask for more fuel later(programing) than to try and push more out through a smaller opening. makes sense to me:shrug:
More out of a smaller nozzle gives you higher injection pressure and better atomization...more power and less smoke :D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small nozzles can be opened up at a later date for more fuel delivery if you need to keep the power down for the sake of parts. i dont have studs & springs $$ to do it all at once might take a couple rounds to get there Much like I did.
you mean physicaly right? or thru programming wich can be done by holding back fuel/ no? i planned on detuning them via PCM then as things go, studs /springs p rods, and a fuel system. then add the chip for when you want more.

what i really want is about 30hp more than now (290-300) more as my stock setting ,egt's are my main concern,might have a 250* leway for added fuel towing in Ore. more air/ larger 1.0ex housing ,all plays a part

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
I mean physically take out the injectors and send them back to DDP for nozzle work. I am maxing out my injectors right now with my combo. The only way to get more fuel out of my injectors is either getting the nozzles opened up or send them to DI to get SHO'd. Small nozzles are what I wanted because I wanted low EGT's for towing and low smoke. The setup is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
With stock being .006", then a 30% over would actually be a .0078"(0r .008" to give round numbers).

.007" would be 20% over if my math is correct.
Going from 0.006 to 0.007 increases the cross sectional area 36%! Increasing to 0.0078 is a 69% increase in cross sectional area. Remember area is a function of the square of the radius.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Going from 0.006 to 0.007 increases the cross sectional area 36%! Increasing to 0.0078 is a 69% increase in cross sectional area. Remember area is a function of the square of the radius.
:doh:

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
You're having them EH used nozzles? I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable doing that.

They said they would make sure they were not cracked first. Then depending on how large I wanted to go they would let me know from there.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
what i really want is about 30hp more than now (290-300) more as my stock setting ,egt's are my main concern,might have a 250* leway for added fuel towing in Ore. more air/ larger 1.0ex housing ,all plays a part
Go with a stock AC for now-- you'll get your 30. For daily usage, they are quite good right out of the box then you could decide if you want to spend more on massaging them later.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go with a stock AC for now-- you'll get your 30. For daily usage, they are quite good right out of the box then you could decide if you want to spend more on massaging them later.
AC's were an option already committed on the hybrids
BTW nice vid from sat :fordoval:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
you'll definitely get the 30 with the hybrids;) Have fun!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts