Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

For those of you with the stock Michelin tires on your Super Duty (mine an 03 F-250), what tire pressure do you guys run?

Ive heard lots of varying number from guys. The fact. spec. is 55 front 70 rear 4x4 SRW, but thats for loaded trucks hauling/towing, so ive heard.

I run about 60ish in all four tires. What do you guys think?

·
riverjet
459 Posts
55/70 empty

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
when empty' there is more wgt on the frt than the rear. I read on a bfg info sometime ago. Rule of thumb is air them up so you can only get a credit card 1/4" under the side of the tread. They said that gives you the optimum contact patch on the pavement. Which will have more psi in frt than the rr. I did that with my sb 4X4 and the tire wear was great. On my dually I only use it for an occasional trip to Lowe's or towing my 12K+ toyhauler so I run 70 frt & 75 in the rr. Rides a little rough without the trailer but it tows much more than going to the store so I leave it at that psi.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
True points. I have over 50k on mine and I like to induce a little oversteer with higher rear pressures.I did try a helwig rear swaybar to dial in more oversteer but it caused the rear to hop around on uneven surfaces so I removed it and went back to 70lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts