Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

I could really use your help on this one. I recently acquired the stock Alcoa rims for my 1997 F-350, here's the problem. Can I use the first type of lug nuts that I've attached or do I need to use the flange type lug nut? The markings on the rims indicate that a flange lug nut was used, although the holes look like they have a chamfered edge that would accept an acorn type lug.

As I understand it, these trucks are Lug-Centric from the factory meaning the lug nuts center and support the weight. That being said, I am still unsure if it is safe to run this type of lug nut, I have seen a few pictures where it looks like the same or similar lug nuts to mine have been used but I can't be certain.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Matt

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason it won't let me edit my previous post. I posted a picture of the lug nuts I have but it's not there now.

Here's a picture of what I have and am trying to use on the stock rims. What say you guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Both my trucks have used the flanged nuts (both with factory Alcoas). Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help guys. I take it it's probably a safety concern in that case. Does (btdt) mean been there done that ? In any case it might just be better for me to get the originals. They are definitely pricey though.

Does anyone have a lead on where I can find some stock lug nuts for less than an arm and a leg? The prices are insane from what I've seen.

Thank You,

Matt

·
Registered
432 Posts
the factory lug nut for the obs (single wheel) is an acorn shape nut like the chrome ones you showed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the factory lug nut for the obs (single wheel) is an acorn shape nut like the chrome ones you showed
Right on Josh, I appreciate the response. I was skeptical at first with going with them, but it looks like I'll be okay. I don't have the hub covers so the longer acorn type should work just fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spun a lug nut off one my '97s w/Alcoas that I've owned since new. Both trucks use the same lug nuts.

Acorn
Beautiful. I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate your help, though a very basic question, the tire shop planted a lot of doubt in my head that was now clearly unfounded. Pictures can be worth a thousand words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts