Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a replacement stock intake hose for my 97 f350 powerstroke. My truck has an afe intake system(bought it with this on it). When I removed the hoses to check for any boost leaks I noticed that the stock hose that comes off the afe large solid tube had a hole in it where the hose clamp has rubbed through. This is the hose that comes off the air filter system and then goes to the next section that is bolted above the valve cover. Trying my best to describe this piece. Anyone know where this piece can be bought new. Just really worried about running a bunch of dirt through the trubo from this hole.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
Intake boots, I believe riffraff sells them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So its just a boot that goes from the air filter section to the next section before the turbo? Ok ill look on rifraff, thanks.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
Ah that one is prolly a ford part or find a used one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats exactly what I have been trying to figure out. When I go to ford to look up the part for my truck it says discontinued for all the intake hoses from the air cleaner to the turbo. I see that part for the super duty 7.3 and I wonder if its the same part, but I cant get any confirmation that it will fit the obs trucks. Almost winder if this is why ford discontinued the obs part if the super duty part is the same thing? Any thought?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Why not delete the standard Ford hard part, (blue piece) and get a long radius 4" aluminized steel 45 degree mandrel exhaust elbow and install between filter and turbo boot? You may have to trim to fit but it works fine, on both my trucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not delete the standard Ford hard part, (blue piece) and get a long radius 4" aluminized steel 45 degree mandrel exhaust elbow and install between filter and turbo boot? You may have to trim to fit but it works fine, on both my trucks.
Do you have a picture of this. I might go this route, seems crazy its so hard to find this part when im just trying to avoid getting a bunch of dirt into the turbo.

·
Squeezing out Torque...
157 Posts
I did that. Bought it from a heavy truck supply and trimmed it to the length I wanted. But... (Note) that solution was actually more expensive than the new original part from Ford.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some late build 97's used the 99 intake system, guess they ran out of the old. If the one you have now goes from the intake filter to CCV bracket and it looks like the picture @ Riffraff Diesel then it will fit. My build date is December 1997 and uses that boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts