Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Depends on condition average is gonna be 300ish if there in tip top shape you can push them to 330-340

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Got to pay to play

·
International Diesel Tech
199 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I would gree with 300 340ish too. I figure mines in there somewhere with what I got done. At this point in the game, I,m thinking bigger sticks and a TS chip are needed if its gonna get any higher.

Dan

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A stock split shot only has 130ccs or so of usable fuel and it demands a lot of oil...what did you expect? Besides, have you driven 300+ with good tuning? It wont turn the world, but a well tuned,supported 335-340 makes for a nice, usable, and fun to drive truck... didnt PHP try to wring out a stock inj'd truck at one point?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A stock split shot only has 130ccs or so of usable fuel and it demands a lot of oil...what did you expect? Besides, have you driven 300+ with good tuning? It wont turn the world, but a well tuned,supported 335-340 makes for a nice, usable, and fun to drive truck... didnt PHP try to wring out a stock inj'd truck at one point?
I was hoping around the 400 range. but if 340ish is to the wheels , then its making around 400.

Here is my dilemma.Im not familiar with aftermarket sticks , i dont fully understand diesel injectors. I dont know about nozzles and split shot , single shot ect. Its all kinda Greek to me. I understand gasoline fuel injectors and even mechanical gasoline injections. But diesel im a little uneducated on.Im about to revamp the truck this year with a Gt38r , 910 springs and some new PHP tunes. I like the idea of being able to turn the tuner off and run under stock settings and get 22mpg. I have also heard that aftermarket injectors are louder then stock injectors. My truck is loud enough as it is , infact im trying to quiet it down a little. Are there any resources that explain diesel injectors on the net that you guys know about?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Most I saw in person was 370. That was with water meth.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Some where thers a sticky taht goes into depth on the diferences between all the injectors and how different ones are made by combining different parts from other injectors n so on. Its a good read, just not sure where to find it. I thought it was at the top of this forum, but I dont see it. Try doing a search, might get some where with that.

Dan

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
its in the library--

given the supporting mods that are helpful anyway (especially hpop), i'd check them out and definitely talk to Bill at PHP. I think you could create a pretty sweet running truck without going w/ injectors yet. If I had a nice running SD, I'd definitely wring everything else out first before going injectors.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I was hoping around the 400 range. but if 340ish is to the wheels , then its making around 400.

Here is my dilemma.Im not familiar with aftermarket sticks , i dont fully understand diesel injectors. I dont know about nozzles and split shot , single shot ect. Its all kinda Greek to me. I understand gasoline fuel injectors and even mechanical gasoline injections. But diesel im a little uneducated on.Im about to revamp the truck this year with a Gt38r , 910 springs and some new PHP tunes. I like the idea of being able to turn the tuner off and run under stock settings and get 22mpg. I have also heard that aftermarket injectors are louder then stock injectors. My truck is loud enough as it is , infact im trying to quiet it down a little. Are there any resources that explain diesel injectors on the net that you guys know about?
38r won't help you then, LOL

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I like the idea of being able to turn the tuner off and run under stock settings and get 22mpg.
That's a cool dream, just don't happen that way. If anything I have always left mine on the hottest setting & gotten the best mpg driving it easy.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
This makes a lot of sence too because your getting the thing moving fast off the stop, after that its easy going.

·
Registered
61 Posts
367 to the wheels on my 2001, on PHP's dyno, with a PHP chip, with the wastegate still hooked up.

edit: ignore the large torque spike on the last run, converter unlocked.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts