Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I think I saw somewhere that the horn is in a close to inaccessible place and that it makes more sense to just just add another horn. Could be wrong tho, cant remember for sure

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
yeah have fun with it! :D

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
lol ..still don't see mine..now I see why what a PITA

book says loosen right front wheel nuts ,
raise vehicle on jack stands
remove right front wheel well...chapter 11
remove electrical connector(s)
horns etc..

book showed 2 horns

·
Canadian Powerstroker!
989 Posts
its inside the passenger side fender by the headlight.. it is pointless to take it out.. just cut the wire and replace it.. I got a sweet 152 db train horn from Ebay.. LOVE IT and man is it LOUD!!

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
What he said

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i need to find the WIRES for it..i have a bigrig horn from JC Whittney.

i am going to be getting a train horn as well but this bigrig horn is a small little direct drive air compressor that you can hook to the stock horn wiring.

this way if i ever get stopped for honking the real train horn i can honk the big rig horn and be like "officer, this one is DOT approved- although it is louder than stock, it is definately not a train horn:gun:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I removed the battery and pulled back the inner apron. I didn't see two or one horn. Does any one know exact location and has photos. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pull the Inner passager side fender liner. when i did my cut-out flares i saw them there.Its right behind the head light. I can proberly take a picture tomorrow if i get a chance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passenger side behind headlight.... I removed mine by removing 3 bolts in fender well 2 holding fender and liner together and one from under the truck behind the bumper. 1st. i remover a bolt beside the battery with a small hook over it (that holds the horn in place) then i removed the bolts holding the liner on (just the three) then i pulled the liner down very hard put my hand up and it then pulled it out also very hard....

hope this helps:ford:http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_ford.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts