Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband and I just got pulled over. Tickets are No Pollution Control Device-No Catalytic Converter. Straight Exhaust-No Muffler.

Sooooo, anyone have a stock 6.0L exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
I got a cat if you need to get out of that charge. I'd need it back in the end. Is your vehicle registered in VA?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's registered in Virginia. We bought it less than 30 days ago as it sits. We showed the officer the bill of sale. He said the dealership was notorious for selling trucks with those missing. He said to talk to the dealership, they technically shouldn't have sold it the way it sits, nor should it have passed inspection.

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning and seeing if they'll do anything to right the situation- it's doubtful, but worth a shot.

Worst case, we will owe $600ish in court. And the officer said we could take the dealership to small claims.

Anywho, I'm gonna PM you.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
I can get you a link to the VA inspection criteria. You might be able to argue they need to live up to the VA code and VA vehicle inspection.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I'd just get Magnaflow high performance cat and an MBRP muffler and stick on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get you a link to the VA inspection criteria. You might be able to argue they need to live up to the VA code and VA vehicle inspection.
I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd just get Magnaflow high performance cat and an MBRP muffler and stick on it.
I have a 4" MBRP exhaust. Do they make a 4" inlet/outlet MBRP muffler or 4" catalytic converter?

My husband was looking earlier but he's rather upset about all this.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
All is well. The MBRP stuff is OEM friendly. Just need to surf and find some parts. Make sure it's not welded up. I'll be PM-ing my number.

·
Registered
474 Posts
calling u now. thanks man

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I have a 4" MBRP exhaust. Do they make a 4" inlet/outlet MBRP muffler or 4" catalytic converter?

My husband was looking earlier but he's rather upset about all this.
I understand your frustration, and it makes me realize how blessed I am to live in the redneck capital of Alabama, were even cops have their cats cut off. LOL

You can get a used MBRP 4" muffler on these forums for around $50-100. And for the cat, the only performance alternative is Magnaflow, or else just stick with the stock cat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imports of Tidewater.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Figured, make sure you or your husband points out none of their truck pass inspection,I would even go as far as informing the judge if they decided not to make it right, I looked at a few of their trucks before I bought mine

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ok so I think I found a cat that will fit with slight modification. This one is 5" inlet/outlet Here is the link cat link they aslo have a 3.5" inlet/outlet. What yall think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
And on second note if your truck has both the pink slip and sticker both valid, which means the truck passed the state inspection then the cop cannot write you a ticket, that inspection states your vehicle meets all the specifications the state of virginia requires, the judge is going to agree with that.All you should have to do is bring that inspection slip in to him and he should drop it

·
Registered
474 Posts
Figured, make sure you or your husband points out none of their truck pass inspection,I would even go as far as informing the judge if they decided not to make it right, I looked at a few of their trucks before I bought mine
I like the truck and they helped us out in a situation that most places laught at us at. I love the truck and just want it fixed it. They seem like good people and hopefully they wil right the situation.

·
Registered
474 Posts
And on second note if your truck has both the pink slip and sticker both valid, which means the truck passed the state inspection then the cop cannot write you a ticket, that inspection states your vehicle meets all the specifications the state of virginia requires, the judge is going to agree with that.All you should have to do is bring that inspection slip in to him and he should drop it
Where did you hear that cuz the trooper saw both and I still got the tickets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its not hearing it its the LAW shops are not ALOUD to pass you without your vehicle passing the state inspection, not saying they dont let people slide or look the other way.But once you have the sticker/pink slip and it says you passed and he/she cant argue that ... he/she isnt qualified in vehicle inspection nor does he/she have the tools to prove your vehicle doesnt meet those specifications.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I understand what your saying but I have the tickets in hand. Where does it say this in Va code? I want to bring it to court.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts