Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the stock 5 blade 20's off a 05-07 on my 03 F250. The rear center caps wouldnt go on. Did the axle change in 05 or 08? I was under the impression I didnt need spacers for these wheels, do I?

·
Registered
673 Posts
05+ wheels on an 04 and earlier will need 1.5"-2" spacers..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you run any spacers at all, go with the steel ones which a few 4x4 shops sell. I would find different wheels though.

·
Diesel NUB
45 Posts
Don't buy the ebay spacers. Can't get a good alignment, and someone on here, or another forum, said the spacer broke and tire came off on the road. Scary stuff right there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
u should just sell thos wheels to me lol. i didn't get the factory wheels with my truck and i live in the snowbelt

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you run any spacers at all, go with the steel ones which a few 4x4 shops sell. I would find different wheels though.
I just bought these wheels yesterday and I love them. I thought plenty of people on here were running stocks 20's on older trucks with spacers and are having good luck.

Know where I might find the steel ones?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I should get steel and not Aluminum spacers? Are there a lot of people having problems with Aluminum spacers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have 2 goeske steel spacers for sale in the classifieds...$200 plus shipping. They would be half of what you need. Consider they are about $400 new.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ran 2 inch ebay spacers for years with no problems at all on my 01 with the 5 spokes. You will have to order all 4 spacers for a 05-07 f250. However the lugnuts they send you to attatch the spacers will have to be for your 03. (The thread changes). I ran 4 cone lugnuts on the spacer (for alignment) and 4 factory lug nuts to be able to attatch the center caps. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I think I will go with the Goeske spacers just to have a peace of mind. Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the ebay aluminum spacers, provided they are HUB CENTERED.

All Ford OEM Superduty wheels are HUB CENTERED. DO NOT GET LUG CENTERED SPACERS.

Beware that the ID on 08+ wheels is a bit smaller than '99 to 08 wheels.

I ran aluminum HUB CENTRIC spacers on my '99 for 2 years pulling a 13K trailer no less with no problems. The truck got stolen. The thief ran through a construction site and messed up the front suspension, pinched a tire, bent the lip on the rim, etc. But the spacer is fine.

If you want to know more, search on my user name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts