Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What now? Housing? Not doing it near as bad but still there! UGH Is it really that bad to drive with the surge? I am planning a trip to Chicago to pick up some new rims and tires, 400 mile round trip. Bad idea??

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How bout the damage if i take this trip? Its just scares me when it does it. Dont wanna tear it up.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I've never heard of some one having so much surge as you are having.:confused: Buy an ATS housing or the ported housing from ITP.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
you sure its not chatter ?? does your boost gauge bounse when this happens ??with the 6637..you can hear a lot of differnt things..

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats one gauge i didnt get! Guess i should have eh? I dont hear a pst pst pst sound. Or the chirp for that matter. It is just a vibrating "noise". I can feel it n the gas pedal. it does it alot less now since the ww. Not as severe anyway.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHats chatter.? ? N how do you fix it?

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Thats one gauge i didnt get! Guess i should have eh? I dont hear a pst pst pst sound. Or the chirp for that matter. It is just a vibrating "noise". I can feel it n the gas pedal. it does it alot less now since the ww. Not as severe anyway.
Thats not surge.

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
Try hooking your wastegate directly to boost for the trip... or for a test run... It got rid of all of my surge with my stock turbo and WW.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure how to hook the wastegate to the boost?

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
I've been thinking about it, and I'm not positive its a great idea without gauges, but it may help your surge. I put a "T" in the map line and hooked it to where your red line connects to your wastegate.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a boost fooler nline with the map sensor. Do i just hook the red line up to that boost fooler?

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
No... The red line goes on any of your clamps' threads... The new line goes from your map line, PRE fooler, to your wastegate...

·
Registered
257 Posts
i can only make my ww surge under a heavy load and even then u can't feel is only kno it by watching the boost gauge. so i'm not sure ur havin surge probs either

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea. me neither!

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
In your other thread you said you have a slight vibration when letting off the gas and the air is flowing away from the turbo back into the filter..Is that correct? When you installed your WW how much play did the turbo shaft have? Are you having shudder while accelerating?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts