Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got a 2006 6.0 a little over a week ago with 64k miles on it. When I test drove and bought it, the temperatures were ~60F and it started cold just fine, now that temperatures are dipping into the 20s and 30s it still starts just fine, but it runs really rough for 3-15 seconds (longer when the temperatures are colder, shorter when warmer). From the reading I have done, it sounds like this is a classic example of injector stiction, and in fact the other day it threw a P0261 code (on my ScanGaugeII) and a CEL. It just so happened that I was taking the truck to the dealer for the Ziebart treatment I purchased with the truck, so I mentioned it to them, but they didn't get around to checking it until the next day after the Ziebart treatment and the truck sitting inside all night (warm...) so of course the code and the CEL were gone. Now my question: I purchased the extended warranty (and even if I hadn't, it would be under the 4k/4mo initial warranty), so should I take it in and ask that they check out the injectors and possibly replace them under warranty, or should I dump in some RevX and take the risk that they will last me 4 years and fail right after my extended warranty ends? Thoughts?
Wow...sorry about the novel, heck of a first post! lol

{edit} I suppose that it could be FICM too...I know that the nominal voltage is 48V, I do see it dip down to ~46V (on the ScanGauge) when driving, it is 48V at idle, I don't think that I have seen it under that. Is this normal?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have them run the diagnostic for $100? or wait and try the Rev-x or hotshots

original warranty was 5/60 on the motor 3/36 on the rest
Yeah, I bought a 4/48 powertrain warranty when I purchased the truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it from the Ford dealership, so yeah, I believe so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, do you guys think that a failing FICM could drain my batteries? Went out to start the truck this evening and the batteries were dead. I charged them up and plugged in the block heater for a while and was able to start it, but the FICM voltage is still getting rather low even when the system voltage is reading 14.4, the FICM is fluctuating between 44 and 48 volts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, could just end up being bad batteries then, I have no idea how old these are. I'll have to look into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.