Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel is squeaking in the cab when turning. Anyone have this problem and what can fix it? Its in the steering wheel somewhere and can only be heard in cab.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
my OBS started doing the same thing, i need some answers too

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
my 99 does the same thing!! my mechanic said the boot on the inside that the steering arm gets dry and sometimes starts to dry rot so i spray mine with PB blaster everytime i start to hear it, but seems like it always come back after it rains... Just my $.02

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you spray at exactly?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 99 also does the same thing. I would think silcone spray would be what to spray, just as 99strokinsmokin asked, where???

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump.........

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would think silicone, or white lithium grease, would be better options than the PB Blaster.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya but where do you spray it at?

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you look under your dash, you will see the steering arm that leaves the steering wheel and meets by the firewall and there is like a rubber seal or a boot around the steering arm i spray the pb blaster around the seal where the steering arm is

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
The sqeak on mine seems to be coming from the clockspring right where the wheel attaches to the column

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i sprayed all i could see and can't didn't make a diff.
i will hunt for the boot closer though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my squeak must be different than your guys but it fixes mine. i have noticed it comes back after driving in rain but i just reapply the PB blaster again after the rain is over

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Mine has gone away for a bit now.
Or at lest moved on to tje ac compressot

·
Registered
156 Posts
my 99 used to do the same thing but the pb blaster always fixed it for awhile.... i sprayed by the firewall.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Assuming there js a boot at the fire wall maybe inject it with some lithium grease.

Just an idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts