Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PSN Novice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had problems with their 6.0L's steering and possibly something like the dodge death wobble?

so i've noticed recentely that when i'm driving my truck ( i own a 06 F-250 cclb FX40) right after starting it up, mostly for the first time of the day, it has a kind of shake to it, similar to if the front tires had a flat spot, the whole truck kind of shakes. doesn't seem to matter if im going straight or turning right or left, but then after awhile of driving, it seems to go away.

i've read that 6.0L truck owners have experienced a similar problem to what dodge owners call the death wobble, but don't really know what a 6.0L with this problem would show for symptoms?

also, the other day, guess it would have been sat., i was going to pick up a garden tiller from a friend and while on the way down a back road (gravel road) i turned left. the truck did not want to straighten back out, i had to strong arm the wheel back straight. after some rough parts of the road the truck returned to normal steering. power steering fluid is full.

i am not aware of these trucks having problems with their steering racks, but need some help to figure out how to remedy this problem. thanks for your help, i know this was kind of a lengthy post, thanks again

West C4

·
PSN Novice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats it huh? ok, thanks, i'll check and replace. nothing else i should be concerned with? thanks again

·
Registered
65 Posts
Turn your wheels all way to right and reach in and turn your front axle by hand on each side u will probably hit a hard spot where u cant turn it if that happens its your u joints try it to the left also.

·
PSN Novice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for the help. ill check it out when i get back home next weekend. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts