Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body put one on? Is it worth it? Does it make a big differance is steering control? Where can I find one?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,332 Posts
Any body put one on? Is it worth it? Does it make a big differance is steering control? Where can I find one?
If you "need" one, there is something else the matter. They just mask problems

·
Registered
182 Posts
On your 97? Not really needed unless rolling 35" or larger. It will help some. I had a dual with my 93 Bronco and 35" tires. Didn't really see any major improvement from stock

If you "need" one, there is something else the matter. They just mask problems
Says the guy with TTB and leafs

A coil sprung truck with large tires does need a stabilizer. So does a leaf sprung truck with 35" or larger tires

The stabilizer does 2 things. It absorbs suddens bumps/shocks, and it helps control wheel oscillations. My truck was uncontrollable from 35-45 MPH if I hit a decent bump or pothole. It had the factory stabilizer. Checked all my ball and u-joints. Installed a dual setup....and magically my problem never came back

Check out "Superduty Death Wobble". It's a known issue, especially for trucks with large rubber.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,332 Posts
Says the guy with TTB and leafs

Check out "Superduty Death Wobble". It's a known issue, especially for trucks with large rubber.
I am sorry. What forum are we in again? O thats right THE OBS FORUM. Do any of those have solid axles w coil springs? yeah, didn't think so. Go back to superduty land

And I dont have ANY ANY trucks w TTB

·
Registered
62 Posts
I put one on my 97 to help with the wobbles when I hit bumps. I put on just a single stablizer. It is noticably better but not 100%.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am sorry. What forum are we in again? O thats right THE OBS FORUM. Do any of those have solid axles w coil springs? yeah, didn't think so. Go back to superduty land

And I dont have ANY ANY trucks w TTB

LIKE!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input i think ill hold off on getting one unless the price is right aka free. i deff dont need it so why pay for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts