Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to find OEM part numbers for the steering linkages on my 97 F350 and Microcat is of no help, the diagram does not match what's on my truck.
I'm having a hard time finding the OEM numbers and nomenclature so I can replace it all.

1 and 3 are very long bars.

2 and 4 are connected to the bars by sleeves and threads.

And the microcat image I find is this

My truck does not have a tierod end at the pitman arm like the image shows at 3A131/3304, it's the opposite: tie rod at the othe end, long bar at the pitman arm.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
The microcat image is correct, is the top pic showing they welded the draglink to the tie rod? That's what it looks like and that's not how it's supposed to be

·
FNM
150 Posts
The diagram is correct. Yours is not bone stock: someone swapped the drag linkage.
I would not worry about the factory part numbers. Use all Moog parts and swap everything out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diagram is correct. Yours is not bone stock: someone swapped the drag linkage.
I would not worry about the factory part numbers. Use all Moog parts and swap everything out.
That's my intention but id like to be able to use the OEM numbers to cross reference, my local parts store is run by Muppets and I'm guaranteed to have to make no less than five visits to get the right parts.

·
FNM
150 Posts
That's my intention but id like to be able to use the OEM numbers to cross reference, my local parts store is run by Muppets and I'm guaranteed to have to make no less than five visits to get the right parts.
Moog DS1068 tie rod end (drag link)
Moog DS1071 tie rod end (long tie rod)
Moog ES3009R tie rod end (2 required)
Moog ES2012S adjusting sleeve (2 required)

RockAuto usually has the best price on these.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Thought I put up dana 60 part numbers in the library section.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For future reference, the OE Ford numbers are
F2TZ 3A130-B - tie rod end (long tie rod)
F2TZ 3A131-E - tie rod end (drag link)
F2TZ 3304-B - tie rod end (x2)
E7TZ 3281-A - adjusting sleeve (x2).

·
FNM
150 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I had to mix and match Moog and XRF when my F250 got a D60 as one of the XRF pieces was on back order.

Comparing the two you can easily see the difference in quality of the XRF over Moog.

Moog went to crap after being bought by whatever conglomerate bought them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Moog was bought up by Federal Mogul.

I bit the bullet and dialed my local Ford dealer and bought it all.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Doesn't Moog make a couple of different "lines", with different quality levels?

I wonder if anyone's taken pics of a Moog and an equivalent XRF tie rod, for direct comparison.
That's correct, Moog has a few different lines. I went with the top end on mine. I can't stand cheap parts just to save a few bucks.

You'd have to take a picture with really good resolution to see the differences in machining, but you can see it and feel it in your hands.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
Moog has the "problem solver" line. All that is 25% higher cost with the same piss pore quality.

I wouldn't put Moog parts on my trucks if they were given to me

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used the upper end napa parts and they are great. I think they are made by spicer for napa. Everything was labeled as made in USA.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bit the bullet and dialed my local Ford dealer and bought it all.
In your opinion, did you spend much more than the quality aftermarket parts being discussed here? I'm leaning towards Ford stuff....I'm replacing items that have 175k miles on them...OEM can't be too bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts