Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just had new bearings, upper shaft, and clock spring replaced by a friend who works at the dealership as the lead mechanic. This is the third or fourth time in about 2 years!!!! I paid $110 and brought the column home and put it in, nowthe key Iisn't engaging the starter and the spring is clicking again!!!!!! Does anyone have any advice on the key situation and why I am having issues with the spring? I also replaced the upper housing. And no I NEVER pull on the wheel getting in the truck! :mad:

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
for one thing, there is no clock spring, the steering wheel switches use brushes and slip rings to make electrical contact. Don't know why the manual says there are clock springs in there.:confused:

The slip rings may be badly eroded, thus eating up replacement brushes. Or the brush holders may be gone allowing the brushes to become cocked. You may need a fresh set of eyes to look at your assembly since your guy is missing something.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had to rebuild mine as well pain i the a$$. Also dont use the steering wheel as a handle to climb in :doh:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the parts list.....does anyone know how to get that key gear right????

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i said the he'll with it and order a whole column....I am going to take the piece of $#!* one out of my truck and blow it up with some c4. ....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts