Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back when I bought the truck the salesman told me (in front of the owner who was handling the real numbers on the deal) that I would get free oil changes for the first year. Well, today they couldn't seem to remember that detail. So after an hour and a half there all I got done was my UREA topped off. The most insulting part of it was the owner wouldn't even make eye contact with me during the discussion.

So in short, I do not recommend Southwest Ford of Greenville, Tx to ANYONE.

·
brandon
778 Posts
:whs:
That is why you have to get eveything in writing.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Oh well man, maybe you should just call the owner on the phone and talk to him in person without anyone else there maybe you would get it that way, who knows man.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe, but I'm not that worried about it. I would rather change my own oil than argue with about it, just so I know everything is done right. I'm a little OCD about some things.

Anybody got a good way to keep up with oil change receipts? They don't exactly fit in the manual booklet and I know I'll have to have them if I go in for warranty work.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Maybe, but I'm not that worried about it. I would rather change my own oil than argue with about it, just so I know everything is done right. I'm a little OCD about some things.

Anybody got a good way to keep up with oil change receipts? They don't exactly fit in the manual booklet and I know I'll have to have them if I go in for warranty work.
I just changed my own today, (Bought the oil and filter at the dealer though, 68.00 total. 13.00 for the filter, and 13 qts of Motorcraft 10w30 diesel oil.
I usually keep a manila envelope with all my receipts in it. I have also had one of those plastic folders with the pleats in it, and sections on other vehicles. Keep it in the console, up against the side on edge. Or in the passenger seat pocket on the back on my 99 and 03. (Don't even know if my 11 has pockets there yet.... LOL

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yes i agree you should have got it in writing, now call teh BBB on them as well as FORD complaint department

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just changed my own today, (Bought the oil and filter at the dealer though, 68.00 total. 13.00 for the filter, and 13 qts of Motorcraft 10w30 diesel oil.
I usually keep a manila envelope with all my receipts in it. I have also had one of those plastic folders with the pleats in it, and sections on other vehicles. Keep it in the console, up against the side on edge. Or in the passenger seat pocket on the back on my 99 and 03. (Don't even know if my 11 has pockets there yet.... LOL
Same price here. Except I had to buy 16 quarts because they did not have a singe quart bottle of diesel oil, any brand.

OK, that seems like a pretty good idea. Me neither on the pockets, I never thought to look since I'm never back there

Scott2001, I figure I'll just give them a piece of my mind on the survey Ford is going to send out. I've heard those get a pretty good response.

stoker04 said:
Oh well crap happens lol
Yeah, it was the day for it. I kinda underestimated how far the oil was going to shoot out the back of the pan. Anyone who has changed the oil on one knows what I'm talking about. To make matters worse my driveway is slightly up hill. If you havent changed it yourself yet, the catch pan better not be under the plug, or the oil will shoot beyond the pan. And the one with the closed top will never work.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
AMEN on "One with the closed top will NEVER work" !!!! SHEESH, I was SOOO Lucky when I did mine yesterday. I had the pan under, but only the edge. I have one of those 5 gallon open top drain pans. And it missed by about an inch, I quickly jerked the pan over enough. Didn't make much of a mess.
I actually turned the plug open, and held it there for a second, then when I went to remove it, it slipped and fell into the pan,, :mad:
All and all the oil change was pretty darned easy, I'll have to keep an eye on that plug though, when you reinstall it, no wrench necessary, it'll turn in and click to the stop with your fingers! :eek: I have a small "Trust issue" with that!
Wonder when an aftermarket lower pan will be available with a threaded plug, where you can use a FUMOTO! LOL,,, (They offer one that goes into the yellow stock plug,, not real trusting in that setup either,,)

THERE ARE POCKETS ON THE SEAT BACKS! I checked yesterday.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, I lost about half a quart. Mine hit the back lip of the pan and sprayed everywhere. I was thrilled I was wearing a black coat. To give everyone an idea how fast this drains, 13 quarts in less than a minute easily. I even had splash spots on the bell housing above where it sprayed before I got the plug all the way out. Definitely gonna watch the 120 degree twist plug. That just doesn't seem right at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts