Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did headgaskets and studs on a 08. all back together but now truck fires up runs for a second or two and then dies. any ideas would be great. no lights on in the dash.

·
Registered
406 Posts
cylcle the key like 6 times and make sure you have fuel going to the bowl theres probably an air lock in the fuel lines
do you have anything to scan for codes ??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it says icp too low at cranking and other is p0003 cant remember what that one said something about fuel rail volume or something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
remove the schrader valve from the front banjo bolt on the fuel cooler, secure some clear tubing around the threaded section of the valve and cycle the key to leave the fuel pump running. have the hose drain into a bucked, i used up nearley 5 gallons of fuel purging all the air from my lines. Once there are no more bubbles you can re instal the schrader valve and fire the truck up. Dont just sit there and cycle the key, it will only drain your battery and dont just crank on it either, you have to purge the air from the lines.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking at my snap on modis the alarm is enabled for some reason and I cant get it turned off. this truck sometimes will run for 40 min and then shut off other times it will run for 2 sec and then shut off. it ran in my driveway today for 40 min pulled out of my driveway made it 400 ft and it just shut off like I turned the key. I think it has something to do with the alarm but don't know why I cant get it to turn off..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so its been 3 weeks and still same problem had it to dealership charged me 500.00 and they don't know whats wrong with it. they say its slow to build hpf and has maybe 2 bad injectors. will this cause the truck to shut off on its own?. truck starts and runs fine just shuts off when you go to drive it. any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I finally figured out that I keep getting air into in fuel system. pulled all injectors and resealed them and same problem air in the fuel system. I have bleed to system multiple times and the air goes away but when you run the truck and blead it again you get lots of air out of it again. ant ideas would be great. thanks Brad

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Is it getting in at the filter? I saw a crossthreaded cap on a 7.3 let enough air in to do what you're describing and temperature under the hood had everything to do with how long it would run and then die.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think so its not running out of fuel its just shuts off like you turn the key off going down the road. I think I have a couple of problems and its all my fault cause I worked on it last.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lets forget i had the cab of and everything else what would cause the truck to just shut off while driving it. just like you turn the key of. dealerships around me wont even look at it because its not stock.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one more thing how do you check to see if the HPFP harness is rubbed threw?. This is a early build truck and have read that these trucks are prone to this problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry bro, but I've got no experience with this, and thus no answers. Best of luck figuring this out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, especially considering this is my first post on here.. But I am trying to find out what the op did to fix this issue, or if he ever found out what was going on?

Im having the exact same issues/symptoms on my 08 F350 6.4L after doing Headgaskets, ARP Studs, Oil Cooler, Single Turbo Conversion, Etc.
Tuned with H&S MiniMaxx.

Any info would be extremely appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, especially considering this is my first post on here.. But I am trying to find out what the op did to fix this issue, or if he ever found out what was going on?

Im having the exact same issues/symptoms on my 08 F350 6.4L after doing Headgaskets, ARP Studs, Oil Cooler, Single Turbo Conversion, Etc.
Tuned with H&S MiniMaxx.

Tuned with H&S MiniMaxx.

I am having same issue now. My truck is deleted tuned and basically rebuilt block. Just have brand new transmission put in a month and a half ago. My issue started occurring one day out of the blue. I went to start it after work and all it would do is crank never start. I turned it off then tried again, this time is started but shut off after a coolant and oil reached 100 degrees. I tried driving it and it shut off twice after driving 1/3 of a mile both times. Tried priming my high pressure fuel pump with no luck of it helping. Had the truck hauled to mechanics shop to run fuel and oil test everything came back 100% fine. Changed oil and fuel filters. Neither helped situation.

Did you or anyone find out any solution(s)?
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts